looking for bookkeeping related app for photographing receipts and storage online

Status
Not open for further replies.

abena1539

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
Does anyone have a suggestion for bookkeeping related app that allows me to photograph and store copies of my receipts online, with some kind of organized filing system that will make life easier at tax time?

Solution
The best and easiest app that I have found is ReceiptBank. It is as simple as taking a pic with your phone and pressing upload to your ReceiptBank account. It has a bunch of other advantages too such as keeping your receipts on file for several years (per IRS regs) and great report features as well as integration to bookkeeping programs such as QuickBooks Online.
Most of note-taking apps (eg OneNote) allow for taking pictures and putting them into workbooks, with some hierarchy. There are also document-oriented apps (eg Microsoft' OfficeLens, or CamScanner) which process the picture before storing.

Most of these apps keep their data in the cloud, too (but I would not trust anyone with my tax data)

EastCoastPam

Commendable
Jul 8, 2016
The best and easiest app that I have found is ReceiptBank. It is as simple as taking a pic with your phone and pressing upload to your ReceiptBank account. It has a bunch of other advantages too such as keeping your receipts on file for several years (per IRS regs) and great report features as well as integration to bookkeeping programs such as QuickBooks Online.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.