looking for budget friendly gaming headset

rwhite025

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015
Hi there I'm looking for a budget friendly gaming headset under 200 dollars or a little more, my requirements aren't the worlds best but I need to know where enemies are coming from in games *cough cough* CS:GO but I also need a good mic to talk to people in game clearly.

-R

p.s do I need a headphone to mic splitter because my current built in wire mic on my headphones does not work on it current headphones - Bose Quietcomfort 15 with built in mic yeeeeahh

pps 3.5 mm jack or usb

Solution
"budget friendly gaming headset under 200" HAHAHAH Mate! thats at least 90%of gaming headsets right there, there is only a handful of "gaming headsets" over 200

Astro's - Expensive, high end gamer -- 2
Logitech - mid/high price, high end gamer -- 4
Steelseries - mid/expensive high end gamer -- 3
Hyperx cloud 2 - cheaper*, mid end gamer (still very good) -- 5
Sennheiser - VERY expensive, enthusiast end audio people, audiophile headsets -- 1

These listed brands are basically the leading brands in gaming headset audio. Just pick from esthetics and looks for which you like the most. 1-5 not best to best,

rwhite025

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015

how on earth does that help me

xghoststrike

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015
"budget friendly gaming headset under 200" HAHAHAH Mate! thats at least 90%of gaming headsets right there, there is only a handful of "gaming headsets" over 200

Astro's - Expensive, high end gamer -- 2
Logitech - mid/high price, high end gamer -- 4
Steelseries - mid/expensive high end gamer -- 3
Hyperx cloud 2 - cheaper*, mid end gamer (still very good) -- 5
Sennheiser - VERY expensive, enthusiast end audio people, audiophile headsets -- 1

These listed brands are basically the leading brands in gaming headset audio. Just pick from esthetics and looks for which you like the most. 1-5 not best to best,

Solution

rwhite025

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015

thx man but what do you reccomend and what do you use

xghoststrike

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015
Well it really all depends on how much you really wanna spend and how much you care about games/not dying, winning ect.. Me i am a perfectionist with ocd so i would have to have sennheiser but that's way beyond overkill.

Do you wanna spend all $200+ or spend $100 and treat yourself with the other $100? Do you care about looks? What other games do you play? Lastly, are you a relaxed gamer, or a competitive hardcore kinda gamer (like me)? I cant answer your question without me asking a few to clarify and help eliminate some contenders.

The mic splitter will have to be something that is dependent on your setup and on whether you have broken ports or not ect. Generally no, but i'm not going to answer this because i don't know enough information about your setup and all, and i don't know enough about that field so sorry.

On your "pps 3.5 mm jack or usb". USB gaming headsets are for portability and ease of use. They do not offer as good of audio as 3.5 but they offer reliability due to the fact if one usb port goes out, you have 10 (give or take a few) more ports. Where as 3.5 is a more direct system so the sound is more clear. Primarily 3.5 is for enthusiast or gamers looking for the best of the best at which they can possibly get, hence why "true" 7.1 surround is the 5 (or some) 3.5 jacks for all speakers and such. So in your case as a simple gamer you will want usb but that doesn't mean forget about 3.5 its just usb is more versatile and easier.

rwhite025

Estimable
Aug 10, 2015

hey man so sorry for the late response but i am deciding on the astro 150 or steelseries siberia elite I call myself a mid to hardcore gamer I wanna know if someone is on top of me at cat while im at ct in cs:go. cheers

Vynavill

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Just to add a different product, you could try out the CM Storm Sirus. Had them for 3 years now, and while there could have been surely better, they were pretty awesome (currently trying to phase them out as they're breaking down, but received no help from the forums, as of yet :p).

- OR -

If you already own a pair of good-grade headphones, buy an Antlion ModMic v4 and make it become an headset; it's practically a magnet-mounted mic, simple as that. An extremely cheap but high-quality solution compared to your total budget, if your headphones are already nice enough.

xghoststrike

Estimable
Feb 19, 2015
Iv never used steelseries products but almost ALL pro csgo players use steelseries. They are not flashy and are not very customizable products but they are true to their word and very reliable acting products. Siberia elite is an elite choice no doubt but i have astro a40's and they are an ASTONISHING headset and the a50 is just a better product so personally i would opt for a50's, only downside is they are wireless with no detachable, interchangeable charging battery, also i don't think they have an optional power cable. other then that iv read they are amazing.

If your willing to wait a little bit, logitech will be dropping some new headset's soon and i myself are going to be getting me a pair. they are artimes spectrum g633 (wired $149) mid this month, and g933 (wireless $199) mid next month they also have 16.8 million RGB lighting LIKE OMG! lol. and just like all stuff if you dont like them you can return them and get something else.

Kristi Mara

Estimable
Jul 3, 2015

just gave u a list of shitty pc parts