Looking For Deep Freeze Alternatives

LukeFatwalker

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015
Hi,

I work for a school district, and in the labs/classes we have machines that are for the students. We've used Deep Freeze for the past few years, but lately we've had issues with it applying updates, and it's pricing is quite high.

Any suggestions for similar programs?

Solution
Sounds like a good plan.

And if Drive Vacine works out for you I would not be surprised if another call informing Faronics will make them "friendlier".

Find the Faronics Marketing/Sales Team.
How many licenses do you have?

The reason I am asking is that it may be, in any case, worth contacting Faronics.

Explain the problem, your concerns, and see what, if anything they may be willing to do.

Really nothing to lose by trying and with any luck you will find an enlightened Customer Service Team.

Or you may end up having more reasons for justifying/ finding another product.

LukeFatwalker

Estimable
Dec 29, 2015

Thanks for your response.

250 total licenses

I've actually talked to their customer service team already. They were friendly enough, but I got the impression that there was not much they could do.

In the week or so since I've been looking, I'm really intrigued by Drive Vaccine. Will be testing that a bit more in the weeks to come, but based on what I see of the pricing/feature set, Drive Vaccine seems to offer more for less. I'll be waiting to see and will update this thread as I continue testing :)