Looking for fairly good laptop..

Creativico

Estimable
Sep 26, 2015
Hi,

For some time I'm looking for a decent laptop which will replace my old PC (FX8350, 16GB ram, GTX960,SSD Samsung Pro) ... Just looking to have more mobility..

So far I was able to find something like.
ASUS ZenBook UX530UX-FY009T
Processore Intel® Core™ I7-7500U (2,7 GHz - 4 MB L3)
SSD 512 GB - RAM 16 GB - Display 15,6" LED Full HD
WiFi IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac - Bluetooth 4.0 - Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Scheda grafica nVidia GeForce GTX 950M(2 GB dedicata)

For 1100€ (new). My budget is 1250€ maximum... not willing to spend more on a piece of plastic. :)

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Solution

Those are good laptops for gaming, MSI is as good as any of the other higher end laptop brands. There are several GE62 models out there, depending on the video card and hard drive, as well as the generation of CPU. For gaming and things like video processing you would want a CPU with HQ in the name, not a U, the U is a lower performance variant for lower power use, HQ is a real quad core CPU made for performance.

As an example, this one had a faster video card but a one generation older CPU and no solid state drive...
If you are looking for something for gaming, the 950M will be a lot slower than your desktop GTX 960. You'd want something with the newer 1050 video card for games, there should be some available in your price although that really depends on your area. The ZenBooks are nice, but they can be a bit pricier than some models due to the design.

Those are good laptops for gaming, MSI is as good as any of the other higher end laptop brands. There are several GE62 models out there, depending on the video card and hard drive, as well as the generation of CPU. For gaming and things like video processing you would want a CPU with HQ in the name, not a U, the U is a lower performance variant for lower power use, HQ is a real quad core CPU made for performance.

As an example, this one had a faster video card but a one generation older CPU and no solid state drive https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA65C5WC4604&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-Gaming+Laptops-_-9SIA65C5WC4604&gclid=Cj0KCQjwruPNBRCKARIsAEYNXIigRC40fLs3RzJN8cDXmClU3eaCBvSkW_1UOaCySiN6OPOJoaGjxEcaArELEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1TS-0016-00291&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Gaming+Laptops-_-1TS-0016-00291&gclid=Cj0KCQjwruPNBRCKARIsAEYNXIgnO2FHA6bM-StY56EMmdPBXvzEMwkkHEt6rMcF-qN53ZoI91mFnRYaAs0hEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
This one has a bit slower video card but newer CPU and faster hard drive

Solution