Looking for good headset for PC

zookeeper525

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010
I'm looking for a good 5.1/7.1 headset for the PC. I'm looking to spend under 200$, around 150$ would be perfect.

I bought a few really cheap Logitech headsets and they all broke in just a few months. So no Logitech, please.

I was looking at the Sennheiser PC 323D, but i honestly don't know much about headsets or sound (I'm no audiophile) and thought i should ask some people who know what they are talking about, before pushing out this much money.

I'm looking for good sound, must have virtual surround sound, and good build quality. I don't want the mic breaking or pieces of plastic chipping off it after using it for a month, like what happen to my pair of g230.

any suggestion would be great.

Solution

zookeeper525

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2010

Why are they so cheap? They are going for like 45$ on ebay. The price is kind of making me not want to get them. I don't want to buy another cheap headset to have it break in a matter of weeks.

Sarkarlos

Estimable
May 12, 2014
Virtual surround is all in the software. Although, some sound cards have hardware virtual surround encoding. Just buy a good pair of headphones and a standalone microphone, and you will be much happier in the long run. For $200 you can get a very decent pair of headphones or a crappy sounding headset ;) At your budget, I would suggest either the Sennheiser HD558 or the HD598. If the presence of a microphone on your headphones is a dealbreaker then you could buy the modmic v4.0 and slap it onto the side.

I bought a pair of Astro A40s because I didn't have a microphone (Sennheiser hd650) and I ended up returning it a week later because the Astros sounded terrible in comparison to my Sennheisers. I was going to buy a modmic, but ended up getting a blue yeti instead (seriously unnecessary impulse buy).

BlueFireZ

Estimable

Solution