Looking for good laptop for college and gaming

Coruscati0n

Commendable
Aug 8, 2016
So about a month ago my computer broke (a cyberpower fangbook something or other) and while it was within warranty, the warranty company couldn't order the parts to fix it. Assuming Best Buy can't get it back in working order, I'm gonna need a new laptop, preferably one that runs as well as my old one but isn't impossible to get fixed :p

Fair warning: I know 0 things about laptop hardware so bear with me

1. What is your budget?

Probably about $1000, might be able to go higher if I can get my college fund to cover it.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?

Uh, idk, doesn't need to be super tiny or anything but I'd like it to be small enough to fit in a backpack easily?

3. What screen resolution do you want?

Doesnt really matter to me, I guess about average?

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?

Portable

5. How much battery life do you need?

A few hours probably, I guess long enough to last a class if I can't find an outlet?

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?

I don't do much in the way of AAA gaming but I'm planning on getting no man's sky and I like my heavily modded Minecraft on at least medium settings?

I also play starbound and terraria and the like but those shouldn't be a problem.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)

I do do digital art so I'd like it to be able to handle photoshop and similar programs

I also tend to have like 30 tabs open at once so

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?

Probably 1Tb

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?

I'd like it to last at least the 4 years of college

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?

Uh idk? I don't have bluray so just a regular one?

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.

No clue ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

13. What country do you live in?

USA

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.

I tend to be kinda clumsy with my stuff (broke my last laptop by dropping/stepping on it) so I'd like to get something robust if at all possible?

Thanks, and sorry that I don't know what I'm doing.

Edit: uh, I think I put this in the wrong subforum. If I did, could someone move it for me? Thanks.