Looking for HDTV for gaming and movies

G

Hi, I'm looking for a HDTV specifically for gaming, The problem is that I don't know what to get. I would like an LED tv in the 40" range with at least 3 HDMI inputs, I have a PS3 currently, and I will be getting a Wii U, and the new PS4 when it comes out, I also have a Logitech Z906 which I would like to make full use when I acquire the other two systems. The only problem is that the Z906 only has 2 optical inputs which will be used by both the PS3 and the PS4. The Wii U has a HDMI output to the tv, So I'm thinking that if I get a HDTV with a digital coaxial output I can connect it to the Z906 digital coaxial input to achieve 5.1 sound or to get sound from the tv to the Z906 (correct me if I'm wrong).

So I need a gaming LED tv with at least 3 HDMI inputs and one digital coaxial out to connect it all to the Z906.

I don't know what to look for HDTV's at all so please help me. My price range is $500-$800.

The Z906 has an optical in - just use that; it's a lot more common on TVs. Cables are a few dollars off ebay/amazon. Very few have coax out.

What about plugging all the devices into the TV and using one cable out - hell of a lot less input switching to be done.

Main criteria for me was that it had to have all connections out parallel to the TV back - cables going straight into the wall doesn't work well when wall-mounting.

That's quite a few consoles you have there...

G

Unfortunately the 2 optical in's on the z906 will be used by both the ps3 and the ps4 whenever it comes out so that leaves 2 free ports on the z906 which is digital coaxial in and RCA in.

That might work, but would i get the encoded format from the consoles going into the HDTV then going into the z906? I don't actually know.

G

So it would pass the encoded format from the console to the HDTV then from the HDTV to the z906? If so then that's good enough for me, Thank you, Now I just need some suggestions on an LED HDTV.

Yup, it should do. I know mine wouldn't let me change the volume on the TV set while using the optical out - you had to do it on the receiver.

Not too sure about what is good in the US TV wise, and you'd probably get a better deal walking up to a store. Especially if you get a display one, they might give you anywhere up to $50 off.

G

I think I need to find a HDTV with 5.1 pass through equipped audio so that I don't damage anything. Now I just need to find one that is equipped with it, as well the HDMI ports with the amount I need.

G

Can anyone recommend a good LED TV that's good for gaming? I don't know what to really look for. I also decided to go with a home theater rather than try to find a TV with HDMI to Optical pass through.