Looking for high-end laptop. Any suggestions?

kemperkipie

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2011
I'm required to get a high-end laptop for my "IT Service Management" study. The laptop has to be able to run multiple virtual machines (Servers and virtual workstations side by side for example).
Obviously I would need a pretty big amount of RAM. Besides that it would be obvious to get an Intel i7 in this situation.
For my personal needs, I want to be able to game, which makes a decent GPU nessecary.
Since it's for my study, I will have to take it with me when I travel. So it would be nice if it's light, and has a decent battery-life (hard to achieve with this specs, so this will be the least of my worries).
I've had a 15" laptop before... and.... No.. I really need 17"........

So if I sum this up, I'm looking for a laptop with:

- Intel i7 Haswell or better
- At least 16GB RAM, but I prefer 32GB
- Decent GPU. 870M, 880M or an equivalent. (SLI of CFX would make it too thick)
- 17" - 1920x1080 display
- SSD for sure, 240GB at least. (Have SSD at home, could never go back to HDD)
- Thin and nice looking laptop. I do NOT like a plastic look. Brushed alluminium is nice.

This far I was looking at the MSI GS70 2PE Stealth Pro.
But it only has 16GB of RAM, and would never support 32GB. So even IF I would need more, I couldn't.

I've looked at the Alienware 17(even owned one before, the M15X) but they are too thick, although I like the looks.

I have also seen the BTO or X-Notebooks, where you can pick the parts. But I really don't like the look of those things.

In case someone is going to mention Razer Blade, they do not deliver in my country (The Netherlands)

I'm able to go up to €2500,-

Eximo

Distinguished
Herald
Clevo (now eurocom) http://www.eurocom.com/ec/productsg(6)ec , but if you don't like thick computers I don't think you are going to find the features you want. Though they have lots of platforms to choose from.

Dell M4800 if you want a 15", M6800 if you want a 'desktop replacement' They come with NVidia quadro cards, so if you intend to game they aren't that good.

Lenovo Y series if you want more portability, but I don't think they can go over 16GB.