Looking for highlightning C++ Program Editor with also the posibility to change the background of some selected pieces of text

smikkelsmurf

Estimable
Sep 29, 2014
i'm trying to find a CodeEditor for programming C++ with high-lightning and changing background color of selected text.
NOT THE BACKGOUND COLOR OF THE WHOLE SCREEN !!!
So i mean:
- Highlightning the text as usual
and
- select text and change only the background color of that selected piece of text.

I tryed ultra edit, visual studio, codelite, C-free5, UEStudio, notepad++, and many others.
Nothing works like it should be.
I must say that Notepad++ is the closest for now, but this program is not working like it should ether.
Notapad++ give about 5 colors to choose from, but all the same colors al linked together.
When you make a mistake, you can not make it undone, you have to remove all of that color and start over.

Who now's a nice editor that highlights with also the posibility to select pieces of text and change only the background of that text into multiple colors ???

Look at the photo:
A is how Dev-C++ it shows on the sreen with highlightning, but no background-color changing.
B is how wordpad it shows on the sreen without highlightning, but with background-color changing
C is the Code-Editor i'm looking for that can show it on the sreen with highlightning and also background-color changing.
Naamloos.jpg

gilbadon

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2008

You can change notepad++ to do almost anything you want. It is open source so if you know your coding, if something already has not been developed as a add-on for download.

smikkelsmurf

Estimable
Sep 29, 2014
notpad is till this far the closest one.
But it can only delete ALL background colors of the same style-type
Everything you typed wil be gone of the same color.
i don't want that.
If i did make a mistake, i don't want to start over selecting all those pieces of text again to commit a backgroungcolor to it AGAIN.