Looking for laptop or desktop capable of handling Gaming & Development

Branbon

Estimable
Aug 28, 2015
Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a tight spot here. I'm trying to get a Laptop or a Desktop that can handle Gaming and Game development. Now, I'm not trying to make The Elder Scrolls IIV here, I just want something that can do some 2D Platformers and simple 3D games. I'd like to be able to play Current Gen games on it as well. And, if at all possible, I'd like to be able to take a payment plan out on it as I don't have a large immediate budget, but would be willing to pay a large amount over a long period of time.

I've been told before that it'd probably be better to get one computer for each but that's not really an option for me at this time. Really don't know if what I'm looking for exists, as anytime I ask people I get shot down pretty quickly. As for preferences on Laptop/Desktop, I really don't have any. I'm not picky when it comes to looks, and I don't really care If i can't be mobile with the computer. I just want something that gets the job done as quickly and efficiently as possible.

So, is this possible? ...or should I just give up and keep trying with my hunk-o-junk Hp G60 running Vista?..

Edit- Ok then, Any suggestions on a particular desktop unit? One that fits in to the parameters above? What specs do I need to look for? Like I said, really not picky when it comes to looks or state of ownership. (Pre-owned, Refurbished, New, whatever so long as I can do a payment plan, and if not then under $1000.

-A payment plan as in I can pay off the computer in installments? ususally Monthly. Is that not a normal thing? That's how my girlfriend got her new macbook pro. She payed like $70 dollars a month using a best buy plan.