looking for laptop to play WoW

hhearld88

Honorable
Sep 20, 2013
Hey guys, ive searched and searched, found a couple things, but thought id come here and see what you guys knew about, i am looking for a laptop to play WoW, i dont need ultra settings, i can settle with fair to good with good fps, my budget is up to 800$. I want a non touch screen laptop, with a dedicated graphics card, and a somewhat good cpu, and atleast a 17 inch screen. pretty much i want the best bang for my 800$ to play wow on as best as possible. I would prefer to pick it up at bestbuy /hhgreg / microcenter so i can take it home same day, but if the good deal and great laptop is online i guess i can settle with the 3 day shipping lol.

Best bang for the buck usually means avoiding "store brands", cutting out the middle man and buying direct from a distributor.

An ODM builds it .... then sells it to for Toshiba, Dell, HP, Sony whatever (none of them actually make a laptop).....then they sell it to Best Buy and by the time everybody gets "their cut", you wind up with $350 worth of components for ya $800.

The vast majority of laptops on the market (94% in 2011) are manufactured by a small handful of Taiwan-based Original Design Manufacturers (ODM), although their production bases are located mostly in mainland China. Major relationships include:

Quanta sells to (among others) HP, Lenovo, Apple, Acer, Toshiba, Dell, Sony, Fujitsu and NEC
Compal sells to (among others) Acer, Dell, Toshiba, Lenovo and HP/Compaq
Wistron (former manufacturing & design division of Acer) sells to Dell, Acer, Lenovo and HP
Inventec sells to Toshiba, HP and Lenovo
Pegatron sells to Asus, Toshiba, Apple, Dell and Acer
Foxconn sells to Asus, Dell, HP and Apple
Flextronics (former Arima Computer Corporation notebook division) sells to HP
Clevo sells to FalconNothwest, WidowPC and other boutique distributors

A 17" gaming rig with say a 765M will run ya about $1,000
http://www.lpc-digital.com/sager-np7370.html