Looking for Light gaming/General use laptop Q/A answered

Destinw

Estimable
May 19, 2015
1. What is your budget?

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
1. What is your budget? Around 700$ CDN so roughly just under 600US

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? less than 17" (cant fit in my bag)

3. What screen resolution do you want? 720p Or 1080p with 2nd being more desirable

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable, although weight doesn't really mean anything to me as mentioned before size does come in to play so it cant be huge.

5. How much battery life do you need? To last at least a 3-4 hours without charging

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? league of legends and CS:GO prefer solid 60 fps over graphic settings as long as its consistent

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.) Mostly school work around using Python and just general paper writing

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? 500gb maybe even less, I have a desktop for storing music etc.

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? around 2 years I would guess

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? just the basic DVD drive

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Not a big fan of Toshiba laptops had 2 in past years and both of them were just terrible quality and broke apart just after warranty wore off

13. What country do you live in? Canada

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Would prefer 8g ram over 4g mostly because I hate slow load times

Have a look at the acer aspire v3 or v5 range. They are probably the best for what you need. You could try one of the asus n or u series laptop if you can find one in your price range. Alternatively, you could look at barebone laptops that tend to be cheaper but they more unkown and are harder to find reviews about them.