Looking for mic for my YouTube news show

planesguy2004

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016
Hi. I'm looking for wired/wireless (wired preferred for better audio quality) that I can use in my YouTube videos. It can be either a full size mic (handheld), or a clip on (the mini one that clips on to your shirt). It isn't a professional show, so the audio quality doesn't need to be amazing. The mics just need to have some way that I can plug it into my PC, to use with OBS. I will be using 2 at once, so I'm not sure how that will work out. Also, I wouldn't like to pay anymore than $15 per mic ($20 if Nessary) (not trying to be cheap, I just can't spend much on my total setup.

*NOTE* not sure if I put this is the right category, sorry.

Solution
Look around for a "condenser mic" your not going to find much of a difference between cheap mics and other cheap mics. Condenser mics are a night and day difference between most microphones but they do tend to be bigger.

I'm sure you could find something on eBay to fit your budget.

nzalog

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
Look around for a "condenser mic" your not going to find much of a difference between cheap mics and other cheap mics. Condenser mics are a night and day difference between most microphones but they do tend to be bigger.

I'm sure you could find something on eBay to fit your budget.

Solution

nzalog

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
Here is an amazon search. Most these should be OK but I'd go over the reviews.
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_36_0?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A541966%2Cn%3A172456%2Cn%3A11548951011%2Cn%3A3015406011%2Ck%3Ausb+condenser+microphone%2Cp_36%3A1253503011&sort=smooth-review-rank&keywords=usb+condenser+microphone&ie=UTF8&qid=1493513794&rnid=386442011

You can use www.fakespot.com to check the quality of the reviews and then www.camelcamelcamel.com to check if the price is a good deal or not.

planesguy2004

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016

What size is a normal headphone jack? I'm seeing 1/2, 1/4, and 1/8.
Also, do you think 1 condenser mic is good enough for 2 people?

Thanks!

nzalog

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
Hmm most PC's have a 3.5mm jack... not sure what size that is of the options you gave.

Kind of tough to say if it will be good for two people, depends how close you are and many other variables.

I would suggest a USB mic I just don't know if you'll get better quality with USB at that price. The only reason I say USB is because sound cards mic input can have a lot of variables and might not always be perfect for certain mics. If you have a USB connection it will be tuned to the levels of the type of mic you're using and you won't have to muck with that to get it to work well.

planesguy2004

Commendable
Sep 7, 2016

So, I should get a US mic, instead of a Condenser mic?
Also, many people are talking about needing a "audio interface" and needing certain volts of power. I don't know much about audio, so I just want a simple, cheap mic that will work fine for me. I'd like to get something That doesn't require any other accessories.

Thanks

Thanks.