Looking for new speakers around $100

nadim615

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
Hi all,

So as you can tell by the title, I'm looking for new speakers. Currently I have a headset for my gaming (for high quality audio), but I'm also looking for a set of speakers for when I wanna kick back and get lazy (not wear my headset), or watch movies, listen to music etc. etc. My monitor's integrated speakers are pretty meh, so I was wondering if there's anything decent for around $100?

$100 isn't a firm budget, but I'd like to not spend much more than that preferably, I'd rather allocate my cash elsewhere :p (i.e. if the speakers are $120 or so, that's fine.)

In reference to like quality and such, I'm not like a huge guy on audio or anything, but apparently 7.1 surround sound requires 7 different speakers or something like that? So I'm assuming I cant get that, I'm looking for just the standard kinda 2 speaker set-up.

So anything high quality (i.e. not staticy bass) that's 2 speakers, and that's a nice price would be great. Not really sure where to look or what brands are good and such, or if I'm getting my bang for my buck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And just for extra clarification, this is for my computer (PC). So they need to be computer speakers :)

Summary:

• -$100 flexible budget, lower the cost the better
    -High quality
    -2 Speaker setup (for computer)

nadim615

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
Yea these look pretty nice!! I'm just gonna keep the thread open for a bit in case anyone else has some input, but from what I can tell (reviews, features etc.) these look pretty nice for $50! And I get to save more :) Thanks!

EDIT: Also, it says it's a 2.0 speaker system. I'm just wondering what this means? "Creative Inspire T10 10 Watts RMS 2.0 Speaker System" Just for general knowledge :)

musical marv

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2011
Buy the Genius 2.1 speaker system with a sub woofer for $20 and you will be a happy camper.Model is #355