Looking for Slim Laptop for School and Gaming

gautam1224

Commendable
Jun 27, 2016
Hey guys,
I'm looking for a slim laptop for school that can handle some games. It would be much appreciated if you guys could help me :). Here's what I want..

1. What is your budget? Up to $1300 US

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 13-14 inch

3. What screen resolution do you want? 1080p (not interested in 4K)

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable, already have a good desktop pc

5. How much battery life do you need? About 6-8 hours or more

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes, I do. Games - Skyrim with some graphic mods, FIFA 16 (at medium to high settings for both games)

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Just browsing the web and school things

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need? Anything, but SSD preferred

9. If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links. None

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop? 4 or more years

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Doesn't matter

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Anything

13. What country do you live in? United States

Thanks for taking your time to helping me :)

Dell XPS 15 for $1199. There is also a code for $100 off.

http://www.dell.com/us/p/xps-15-9550-laptop/pd

It has a 15.6" 1080p screen. But because it has a very thin bezel, it is basically the size of an average 14" laptop. It has a quad core i5-6300HQ CPU and nVidia 960m GPU. Weighs in at about 4lbs. Based on reviews the average battery life is about 8 to 9 hours depending on what you are doing (no gaming).