Looking for Solution to Remove Virus ink.ubsworm.b.

JordanaNZ

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015
I've always been vigilant with antivirus software and have Bitdefender installed. I run MS Vista 32-Bit on my desktop PC.

Recently I took my USB drive to a store to have a file printed from it, and was told I had the virus: "virus.ink.ubsworm.b." on it. The file it had been attached to ended with a ".lnk" extension. The store I went to had 360 Security on their computer and it picked up my dirty USB on a pre-scan. From what I can see, this virus somehow infects USBs. Does it affect my computer as well please? How do I tell, or should I just ask a professional to fix it all? Can they do it without doing a whole reformat of my computer? That would be a disaster.

I've been paranoid ever since and downloaded Malwarebytes Premium and it found 65 issues which I quarantined. I've scanned the internet high and low for a solution, however there doesn't seem to be too much information out there on how to rid myself of this evil.
I haven't found much information online on how to delete this file. However, I shredded the file on the USB with the ".lnk" extension and used Bitdefender to do this. As I write this I'm doing a scan of my system using 360 Security. Bitdefender didn't pick up on any of this. I'm now worried virus has gone through my whole system.

I don't know how to fix it. I do have some knowledge, however I'm not tech savvy. I've downloaded "UsbFix" but haven't used it. Help someone please. I have a "WD My Passport Ultra 2TB which I use as a backup. Will that be infected too? How do I find out please?

aldan

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013

no you cant.how do you know the virus hasnt attached files to your data?this is not a virus par se but rather a worm.download and run adwcleaner from bleeping computer.run a scan and check anything it comes up with for deletion.next,download and run a scan with junkware removal tool.it will get rid of any infection it finds.lastly run a scan with malwarebytes and quarantine anything it comes up with.post the logs from all three programs in your next post.done this so many times and seen advice get ignored so dont waste my time here.

JordanaNZ

Estimable
Jul 13, 2015

Thank you for your help. I had already downloaded 360 Security and did an indepth scan. It found quite a few issues. It also puts a kind of "protection" over your USB drives too which I haven't seen on any other antivirus programs. I've seen some comments about 360 Security which were unfavourable, however it seems to pick up issues no other programmes do. Earlier I tried the free Kaspersky and it didn't find anything. I ran Malwarebytes yesterday and quarantined about 65 issues. I'll do a scan of all my USB sticks and will follow the rest of your advice. I will try and find all the logs and post them.