Looking for the ideal "long plane flight gaming" netbook

Ienw

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
Hi, I'm in need of a netbook for a singular purpose: to be able to play Civilization 4 continuously for 22 hour transpacific flights. That's it, nothing else. I'm assuming multiple batteries will be needed. What's the best option out there?

PS: I'm also considering buying multiple batteries for my current laptop, a Lenovo G700. the dedicated netbook is nice because it keeps my primary laptop completely business/productivity focused. But I may be willing to compromise in order to save weight and stay simple. My laptop is a 17.3 screen," i7 quad core, intel HD 4000 graphics. I'll probably need a lot of batteries.

Jonathan42

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
Asus has a Transformer line that includes android tablets as well as windows. If you decide to go that route, the keyboard attachment also delivers extra battery power and gives you tremendous performance for quite a while. another p it being a tablet PC is that even when you have the keyboard attached, it is VERY cool to be able to reach up and touch the screen and be able to interact with it in multiple ways simultaneously (You will feel silly when you try it back on another laptop and nothing happens..).

If you really think about it, taking a PC that is built to last as a tablet and then adding additional battery power is quite nifty and much more formidable that simply having a netbook or laptop. Having multiple products from them including the TF101 android laptop with keyboard (I get over 10 hours with it), a touchscreen Laptop,, and a full blown core i7 laptop, we have found them reliable.

One more positive on their side is that I needed to fix something the other day and they helped me with online chat without getting feisty or even asking me if it was a warranty issue - so nice to find help without a thousand questions or hoops to jump through.

Ienw

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2011
thanks for the advice. So to survive a 20 hour flight could I just buy multiple battery keyboards and swap them every few hours?