Looking for the perfect earphones!

Slipperss

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2010
I've been doing research for 2 days now and I don't seem to be getting anywhere, I want nothing but the best within my budget of course, which makes it all a bit tricky and complicated.

With every single one of the buds I've come across, they all ended up having some massive flaw which makes me just drop them and look for the better.

I'm gonna be using them for running, weighting and those kinds of activities where you move around.

I usually listen to hard bass songs like dubstep, techno and whatnot, but I also enjoy stuff like Nickelback, Metallica, Coldplay and The Killers.

-Some earphones play good techno with excellent bass and stuff, but when it comes to playing vocals they crash and burn, I would like a kind of multi-tasking pair of earphones that can play everything with mind-blowing bass and crystal clear vocals if possible.

-Very important that they don't fall out of the ear when jogging and stuff.

-Very high durability would be nice, I'm gonna treat these like babies and take good care of them but some just fall apart on their own.

-Great Noise-Isolation is essential as it can be noisy at the gym or outside!

My budget is ~$100

Thanks in advance!

i've used in-ear headphones while exercising and also while just sitting and its better to buy cheap headphones every few months than to buy one good pair. even if you clean your ears daily they will get covered in ear goop and sweat.

i've always used the gummy brand earbuds for $10 but ipod earbuds stayed in the ear a bit better and also sounded better.

if you are dead set on quality...regardless of what might happen to them... i've heard the klipsch earbuds were pretty good.

koogco

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
I have a pair of Sennheiser cx400 II precision. And they about fit your description. Now they have rubber membranes rather than foam, so the sound dampening are perhaps not as great, but they will not become disgusting like ssddx suggests. They have never fallen out unless i accidently (painfully) pulled the cable. The durability on the wire right at the plug is not the greatest, and I had to cut and solder mine after a year. But from what I hear, a year of daily use (often 4+ hours and several cases of sleeping with them in) is pretty good.
I haven't tried that many different products, but they are the best sound quality in my possession.

There are no perfect headphones for $100!
Perfect Headphones are called: STAX.
Compare those to the ones you can afford. Compromise...