Looking to buy a laptop $700

Solution
MSI laptop easily

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GL62M-7RD-1407-Performance-S...

the first PC only has a 940M, low end GPU from the last gen and basic CPU. It's just not an opcion way too pricey for those specs

the third one does have an SSD and it has a 950M but again you are buying last generation stuff not worth it, it doesn't make any sense to buy them once the new generation is about because they are much more powerful, more efficient and cheaper.

The MSI is the clear winner, MUCH BETTER GPU. Heck, not only is the GTX 1050 better than the 950M and the 960M, it could even beat the 965M with newer drivers (because driver support is another pro for newer hardware) which means that gaming performance is way stronger than the other two...

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from MSussens : "I need advice with buying a laptop $700"

SENOR BURTOS

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017
MSI laptop easily

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GL62M-7RD-1407-Performance-S...

the first PC only has a 940M, low end GPU from the last gen and basic CPU. It's just not an opcion way too pricey for those specs

the third one does have an SSD and it has a 950M but again you are buying last generation stuff not worth it, it doesn't make any sense to buy them once the new generation is about because they are much more powerful, more efficient and cheaper.

The MSI is the clear winner, MUCH BETTER GPU. Heck, not only is the GTX 1050 better than the 950M and the 960M, it could even beat the 965M with newer drivers (because driver support is another pro for newer hardware) which means that gaming performance is way stronger than the other two laptops, the other options won't even last 2 years running games smoothly. The CPU is better, everything is better

Another option is the for $700 as well. Is a better CPU (i7) but you lose the SSD

https://www.pro-star.com/n855hj-122.html

Solution

MSussens

Honorable
Nov 10, 2013

Thanks for the reply and description. Yea the 1050 is the clear winner with performance. The only thing that was making me doubt the MSI is that it is an i5 where the acer is an i7. I am not sure the upgradability of the MSI but if I purchase that I hope I can add a hard drive in it to help with storage. The MSI screen and build seems to be better.

SENOR BURTOS

Prominent
Apr 23, 2017

the i7 makes absolutely no sense if you have a slow GPU, it won't make any difference at all in games. Most games tend to be more GPU bound rather than CPU bound.

IF you want an i7, take a look at the prostar laptop which has an i7 and a GTX 1050 as well, but you will have to get an SSD separately. But again i7 vs i5 on a GTX 1050 bases system will perform the same across the board unless you want to be doing son professional work as well and not only gaming.

Besides, the acer laptop has an i7 but an ULTRA-LOW POWER I7 not all i3's i5's and i7's are made the same. The ULV found on the acer model is made to be power-efficient but sacrifices have to be made so it performs worse than the i5 because it has lower clock speeds and only 2 cores as opposed to 4 on the i5 on the MSI model. Even if they have the same architecture (they're both 7th gen CPUs) the i5 is intended to be a gaming CPU

So it's because it's an i7 and not an i5 doesn't mean it's faster