Looking to Purchase First Tablet

InsomniacFalco

Honorable
Jan 27, 2014
1. Is This Your First Time Buying A Tablet? Yes

2. Do you already have an operating system in mind? Android

3. What screen size do you have in mind? 7 inches

4. Preferred Brands: Asus or Samsung but not opposed to most others

5. Brands Not Preferred: Acer (Have found their stuff to be lower quality in my experience)

6. How much do you want to spend on your tablet? Maximum 300 dollars canadian. Preferably under 250.

7. Do you have cellular service? Or do you want the tablet to be WiFi only? I'm fine with Wifi only

8. Do you want the tablet to be a full laptop replacement? Within reason

9. What existing apps do you use? What do you intend to do with this tablet? I intend to watch movies and shows during my commute on the train to work/school, access school and news websites, and some application use (take notes, casual gaming, reading books/manga) I don't need a very large harddrive as I intend to continuously add and remove media as I watch it.

I have an ageing Toshiba laptop that is near the end of it's lifespan so this would potentially be replacing it. I finished a pc build last month so it wouldn't have to handle much as all my heavy duty computer use is handled on that machine instead. I know very little about the tablet market and what to look for spec wise. The nexus 7 looked interesting to me.

Thanks for any and all help, it is greatly appreciated.

LOLOLzers123

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014
I would go with the Nexus 7 like he said or go with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. I guess you can find the Tab 3 for like $150 now that the 4 is out, and it isnt really that much of an improvment. Well I say that but it jumps up to a quad core from dual core. Take your pick.

LOLOLzers123

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014
I would go with the Nexus 7 like he said or go with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. I guess you can find the Tab 3 for like $150 now that the 4 is out, and it isnt really that much of an improvment. Well I say that but it jumps up to a quad core from dual core. Take your pick.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Android Tablets 1
A Android Tablets 2
P Android Tablets 1
N Android Tablets 1
T Android Tablets 1
H Android Tablets 1
C Android Tablets 1
A Android Tablets 1
C Android Tablets 1
B Android Tablets 3
nevada51 Android Tablets 4