Lose Weight With Wii Fit Plus: Launching Oct. 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

elel

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
wow, I don't know, but if I had a wii I might get an exercise bike for it - provided it had some good racing games

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
So maybe everyone should get one of these free with the new Obama care plan..LOL. It would be cheaper. 300 Million Americans, with a Wii costing $250 and another $20 for this, thats $81 Billion which is currently less then 1/10 of the current estimated cost of the Present 1017 page bill.

JK

CChick

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2008
Damn, Nintendo is really sad. keep rebadging shit every other day and sell it like its hot shit.

Wii is garbage. Nintendo is garbage. My Wii has been collecting dust for 2 yrs. so yeah, its garbage.

dtemple

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2006
Wii is an excellent game-only system for active gamers, or children, or casual gamers. There are very few hardcore or engrossing games for the Wii, which makes it hard for the average gamer who doesn't have friends over very often (like me) to justify the system.
I agree that PS3 or Xbox360 are better choices for those who are more deeply interested in all-around entertainment AND engrossing games, but for somebody interested in casual pick-up-and-play games, the Wii is the best choice.
One is not better than the other for everybody, it's up to the person playing. That's why we have the choice of which console we want. :)

backbydemand

Distinguished
May 26, 2008
For all those who diss the Wii for having a Wii Fit board...

Where is the add-on extra for keeping all the fat-ass lazy fanboys from turning into piles of lard for the PS3 or Xbox360?

You don't have one, do you, fatty!!!

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Nintendo is genius. Everyone, it seems, buys weight loss/exercise equipment around the fall in preparation for their New Year's Resolution, which only lasts a few weeks. Nintendo is capitalizing on people's habits of purchasing weight loss/exercise equipment that will be used briefly only to collect dust in the closet for years to come.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
I have been eying the Wii after playing with a couple demo models at the stores. The games are totally different when compared to my PC. Wii sports and so on. A little exercise couldn't hurt this old gamer. If they release the black one here I will probably pick one up.

TheMadScientist

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
We have a Wii Fit, and my kids are still using it and loving it. However, it is a myth that exercise will cause you to lose weight and get healthy. Some people do, some don't. I know several marathon runners who are overweight. Jim Fixx, the person who almost single-handedly started a running craze in the late 70s died of a heart attack at age 52 (fit != healthy). If you really want to get healthy, you need a good diet. Wii Diet anyone?

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]CChick[/nom]Damn, Nintendo is really sad. keep rebadging shit every other day and sell it like its hot shit. Wii is garbage. Nintendo is garbage. My Wii has been collecting dust for 2 yrs. so yeah, its garbage.[/citation]

But you still bought one... so they succeded. Who's the dumb one now?

Sicundercover

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2007
Seriously, I have no issues with the Wii. Nintendo did a very great job with targeting a specific audiance. Personally I prefer the 360 and my PC but Im not going to sit here and badmouth the Wii. A few months back I bought a Wii for my wife and Son and they love it.

But please Wii players, dont even think about considering yourselves "Real Gamers".

mr_tuel

Distinguished
May 23, 2009
spend $90 on WiiFit, or run around the block a few times for free.

Which one would be more effective at calorie burning?

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]sicundercover[/nom]So maybe everyone should get one of these free with the new Obama care plan..LOL. It would be cheaper. 300 Million Americans, with a Wii costing $250 and another $20 for this, thats $81 Billion which is currently less then 1/10 of the current estimated cost of the Present 1017 page bill.JK[/citation]

LOL, I am still waiting for the WiiSurgeon where you and your friends get to take turns administering anesthetic, removing appendixes, and suturing up openings. That's sure to cut health care costs. Oh, and 'this' is $100, not $20. No wonder there's no academic debate going on, most critics can't learn to read.

mowston

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2007
"spend $90 on WiiFit, or run around the block a few times for free.
Which one would be more effective at calorie burning?"

But I have to buy $20 running pants and >$50 running shoes, and running on concrete is horrible on your joints. I can do wii fit naked, and noone will see me when I fall down out of breath.

Status
Not open for further replies.