Lose Your Facebook Page, Sue For $500,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

PudgyChicken

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Whoever wrote this article should be fired. The first sentence makes no sense. Then there is another simple issue in the second paragraph, second sentence: "that does not grants its." Seriously?

JamesSneed

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
wtf does "But how much would it until you would sue Facebook over it? " mean?

Seriously? I got to find another place to get tech stuff from you guys are starting to suck.

thegreathuntingdolphin

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
Lol this guy is going to get no where really fast. Last I checked facebook is not a right....and it is run by a company....and given out for free....

I bet this sucka was spamming people and got his account banned.

f-14

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
But how much would it until you would sue Facebook over it?
wtf is this supposed to mean?

Mustafa Fetja was upset enough to poke Facebook, sue and ask for $500,000 to compensate him for the last page that connected him with about 340 friends.
where is mustafa fetja from and who are his facebook friends? are they al-queda terrorists? who are his friends?
total lack of information here.

bit of racism going on here i'm going to guess judging by his name that he is egyptian and that with the protesting/revolt going on in egypt that the egyptian government told face book to remove his page as they were participants in the protest/revolt-insurrection.
the egypitan government has that right and face book probably capitulated as if they didn't the egypitan government would have just cut facebook off the face of the internet in their country since governments reserve the right to control communications in order to protect themselves.

just a theory, i have no idea who this guy or his friends are. i'm going to laugh if i hit the nail on the head tho. i find it funny when people from america or other parts of the world that have rights assume that the rest of the world operates on the same level. quite the rude awakening to find out your way of life is not the only one in the world and there are different rules of law else where in this great big universe.

G

I think this article has finally removed all faith in Toms.... "Fetja is Muslim. Even worse, " ... what, there's something worse than being a muslim (I'm an athiest btw).

It's poorly written, will probably be spammed to death by adverts for cheap shoes by the morning, and contains nothing of fact, grammar or sense.

Thanks for the memories.... there are far better tech websites out there these days.

/bow

flacoman3

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
That first sentence isn't even readable, not to mention "...a communist country that does not grants..."

That's got to be the fourth badly written article I've seen here in the last day. Even my second grade teacher would have me publicly executed for this.

Spike53

Distinguished
May 6, 2008
[citation][nom]glkjgsdlfkgjd[/nom]I think this article has finally removed all faith in Toms.... "Fetja is Muslim. Even worse, " ... what, there's something worse than being a muslim (I'm an athiest btw).It's poorly written, will probably be spammed to death by adverts for cheap shoes by the morning, and contains nothing of fact, grammar or sense.Thanks for the memories.... there are far better tech websites out there these days./bow[/citation]
You're taking two words that are related thoughts but aren't directly related to eachother. I think you need to go back to English 101. The paragraph clearly goes from saying that he believes Facebook is discriminating him (or muslims in general), to saying that Facebook is like a communist county. The author was saying that even worse than being discriminated, he feels like Facebook is communist. Not that muslims are bad.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Facebook is a free service that people can sign up for and use if they are so inclined. There is no contract, implicit or otherwise that any information that is there today, will be there tomorrow. All the information on the website belongs to Facebook. They simply choose to treat it with respect, because if they don't they will loose their business. But don't be mistaken, they can do whatever they want with it.

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
i would have considered him normal for suing. but when he says that it was his being muslim that caused the discrimination, i was appalled. seriously man, WTF?

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
"Facebook is like a communist country that does not grants its people basic rights."

I think Tom's needs to grant its articles basic grammar checks.

Status
Not open for further replies.