Lost Audio using hmdi

Dec 29, 2018
I have lost my audio streaming from my pc to my Marantz SR500r receiver using hmdi cables. I still get the video. If I connect directly from my pc using hmdi directly to my tv I get both video and audio on my tv speakers. I have tried to use different hmdi ports on my receiver but the results are always the same. When I run my dvd through hmdi cables through the Marantz I get video and audio. I tried to connect my pc to the dvd hdmi on my Marantz but I still get no audio. I have spend hours over the phone with the Best Buy Geek squad but nothing has changed. I am thinking about buying a new receiver at this point as I have tried most things but no change.

Dec 29, 2018
As I connected my pc directly to the tv using the same hdmi cables and I had bot both video and the audio came through the tv speakers, this proved the pc and the hdmi cables were working properly

Dec 29, 2018
last resort, I went into the manual for the Marantz and reset everything back to factory standards an now I have video and audio. Unfortunately this was cured after 15 hours of consulting with professionals and my time.

Dec 29, 2018

Dec 29, 2018
AFTER MANY FRUSTRATING HOURS, I HAVE NOW TAKEN THE PC AND THE HMDI CABLES TO THE GEEK SQUAD AT BEST BUY TO SEE IF THEY ARE THE PROBLEMS. IF OK, I WILL LOOK AT THE MARANTZ RECEIVER.

lolnole

Proper
Oct 2, 2018
I thought you got it to work after resetting the Marantz back to factory defaults. Did it not work? I can't see how it would be your PC and HDMI cable because it works with your TV speakers. If your PC has optical outputs, you can use that to connect to your receiver. I don't know why the HDMI stopped working with your PC as the source.

Dec 29, 2018
Now when I hook my pc directly to the tv, I received audio only and no video. And when I streamed now from my pc to the Marantz I had video but no audio. I now have taken the pc and hmdi cables to the geek squad at Best Buy and they will analyze the pc to see it it is the problem.

lolnole

Proper
Oct 2, 2018
Based on the new information, you seemed to have narrowed down the problem to your source: the PC. Hopefully the "Geeks" at Best Buy can figure it out. If you still want some help here, you are welcome to do so. Just provide us with your PC's specifications (motherboard, video card, etc.). Good luck!