lost wireless connection

omma53

Commendable
Apr 25, 2016
I have a laptop and a pc. I use Belkin wireless modem. The light shows a steady blue so I know it's connected to the internet and the pc runs great but all of a sudden my laptop stopped getting the signal. I looked on the connection on there...it says "connect" , so I clicked and now it wants the "Network security Key". Where do I find that information? Thanks

Solution
SSID - that's the name of the network (your wireless modem) you need to connect to, as it will be shown on your laptop.

Password: that's the wireless network key you need to connect to that SSID. Beware 'cos it's case-sensitive, must be typed in exactly as it's printed on the sticker.

omma53

Commendable
Apr 25, 2016

*****Phillip... thank you for the information. On the sticker I see the:
SSID
password
pincode
security type
lan/wlan mac
serial number

are any of these what I need? I don't know where to look for "Belkin's modem configuration utility, in the wireless section".

*************************************************************************************************************************************************

SSID - that's the name of the network (your wireless modem) you need to connect to, as it will be shown on your laptop.

Password: that's the wireless network key you need to connect to that SSID. Beware 'cos it's case-sensitive, must be typed in exactly as it's printed on the sticker.

Solution