Question Lotus 123 DOS version on windows 98 crashed, possible to transfer to windows 10?

Sep 16, 2021
I have a Lotus 123 dos version running on windows 98, of which the computer crashed. I want to transfer it to my windows 1064 bit, but would it be possible to run it under Dos? Or should i choose another option. Main concern is that invitation to the spreadsheet function, I have many many letters on 123 also Thanks for any help

You may be able to run it in a virtual box under win 10 maybe in an XP virtual machine. 98 may be hard to setup as it lacks some support under the VM software.
Really it's time to transfer those files into a more modern format, it's like keeping a 1920s car around and looking for old tires and compatible gas for it instead of just getting something that works with the modern world.

Dec 24, 2021
would it be possible to run it under Dos? Or should i choose another option. Main concern is that invitation to the spreadsheet function, I have many many letters on 123 also Thanks for any help
Absolutely. What you need is a virtual DOS environment (DOXBox will not work and vmware is not designed for DOS or thinclients) The best virtual DOS environment for Windows is vDOSPlus . For 123, you will need your install disks (and serial number if you have it). If you are using MacOS DOSBoxX is a comparable solution. Basically, you install vDOS in a root directory, modify the config file to suit your needs and you have a fairly good environment to run console-based applications.

It's a good idea to invest in a USB floppy drive so you can easily use disk files and floppy drive images (123 came on 3.5" disks back in the day). Good luckl!

Last edited by a moderator: