Loud and hot

billownz

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2009
My Aus z96j is loud! It s really sounds like a vacuum cleaner and its annoying the people near me in class. My pc runs at the average temp of 70 degrees [65 per core, 43 for HDD] after about 30 minutes of use - which is horrible. The idle is about 64 degrees average

I have a 1.8ghz dual core with 2gb of ram and ive tried multiple operating systems seeing if its maybe a bad program hogging my cpu. Ubuntu, xp, and windows 7 each had heavy use on my cpu fan…

This has been a problem as long as I can remember… what could I do to quite down my laptop and save some heat?

cheaptofix

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
take it to a repair shop and just ask them this "hi, can you open this laptop and clean it from dust that's blocking the fan and heatsink?"

once this is done. your laptop is back to normal

cheaptofix

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
still that won't help, the dust is between the interheatsink and the outer fan's mouth
and an air can will only blast the dust that's on the surface.

frozenlead

Distinguished
An air compressor uses a much more powerful air blast than a small can you can buy at the store, if anything, the compressor has the greater ability to get rid of dust. I do it all the time.

cheaptofix

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
oh yeah compressors are good but it will cost him more than what a repair shop would do and what is he gona do with it after? or its silly but go to a tyre shop! and use their compressor.

TRENDING THREADS