Question Brand new laptop doesnt function properly

Jun 4, 2020
I bought this HP laptop (HP Notebook 15-da1015ne) around 7 months ago, i installed windows 10 on it and all but it never functioned in a way that lived up to its specs. Which:
-intel core i7 8th gen (4 cores)
-8 GB DDR4 RAM
-Nvidia GeForce MX130 (4 GB)

After months of use i can tell it takes too long to startup even tho i dont have much installed on it and freezes once it starts heating up or if i try to use anything a little heavy. Also something that keeps bothering me is that its too loud for some reason, i can always hear the fan starting up when i turn it on and when i put it on stand-by it starts making those really annoying noises and even kind of vibrates. For some annoying reason it cant properly start up very simple games that i used to play on my older laptop (which was wayyyy weaker and had no graphic card).
I cant tell if the laptop itself is not very well put together or if i did anything wrong. I downloaded the HP drivers and HP support but it basically did nothing.
Did i get scammed with this laptop?

rhyalus

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
I would check your temps...it is possible that something is wrong with the CPU cooling. Download any of several programs - HWinfo, HWMonitor or coretemp. Your resting temp should be somewhere around 40-45c. Under load, less than 90c is preferable.

Is it a used laptop?

R

Jun 4, 2020
I would check your temps...it is possible that something is wrong with the CPU cooling. Download any of several programs - HWinfo, HWMonitor or coretemp. Your resting temp should be somewhere around 40-45c. Under load, less than 90c is preferable.

Is it a used laptop?

R

I did try coretemp and it would usually be around 50-60c when i use my browser or something like that and become a 90 under load.
im not sure that explains everything else tho?