Low sound when TV sound connected to DVD Surround sound

Mike48dg

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
Sound is very low when my Samsung TV is connected to Samsung DVD Surround sound. I have an optical connection or a HDMI connection . Cable TV Connected to TV and TV connected to DVD Surround Sound. Cant turn sound up with DVD Surround player. Can turn volume up with cable TV but its low. How do I get the best sound out of this?

Okay.

Next, what do you you mean by low sound? You have sound coming from the HT-D555W surround, but it is not loud, and putting the volume to the maximum does nothing?

Optical sound is usually not controllable. You can only adjust your volume using the HT-D555W. The Cable TV decoder has to be set to maximum volume as well.

Mike48dg

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016

Mike48dg

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016

Mike48dg

Commendable
Nov 11, 2016
Just found out that if I set DVD Surround sound in AUX function to high ( its on 40 at the moment), I can balance the optical volume on the cable TV. Which has answered my original question.

All right. Glad you solved it. ^^

Yes, you need to set the volume high enough on the surround if you want to use the Cable TV volume. Optical often has low volume, so you need to set it up quite high.

Just be careful if you switch to a DVD or another input though!