LucasArts Making 'Star Wars Legends' Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
Only Star Wars game I want is Knights of the Old Republic 3 (not a crappy MMO). I could go for another X-Wing/Tie Fighter game, but I know they'd make it some lame arcade game when it works best as a simulation. Another Jedi Knight game would be cool too just because it's dumb fun.

FoShizzleDizzle

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
Activision is in the business of making money and suddenly because of MW2 people realize that their primary interest is their income. I have news for you: they were in the business of making profit all along. I have other news for you: all other publishers are as well. Stop your whining.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Maxor127[/nom]Only Star Wars game I want is Knights of the Old Republic 3 (not a crappy MMO). I could go for another X-Wing/Tie Fighter game, but I know they'd make it some lame arcade game when it works best as a simulation. Another Jedi Knight game would be cool too just because it's dumb fun.[/citation]

my thoguths exactly , i want a REAL KoTOR 3 not some shitty MMO , and eyah a JK 4 would rock hoppefully sucha game would be like JK3 : JA where you amke your own jedi (no offence to kyle karn but i prefer making my own char in games

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
[citation][nom]ckthecerealkiller[/nom]I was genuinely interested until you said Activision....[/citation]

Activision is just a publisher with a big budget. So what bothers you? Unless you are boycotting them and you dont feel like buying anything that if published from them.. Which makes no serious sense to me.

Personally I dont get my hopes up till I see with my on eyes the least some ingame footage.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
A re-release of Tie Fighter would be awesome! They wouldn't even need to "improve" i that much for me to be happy. Multiplayer, that's all I want added (with dedicated servers).

grimreality

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2008
Heck yeah on that one Honis. I had almost considered playing SW:Galaxies, I did actually play the 15 day free demo and the flying they had in that game was pretty freakin close the the classic series. It lacked only in a few missing sound effects and some more advanced controls that any Tie series veteran would quickly notice (i.e. changing the fire mode of your lasers, setting your throttle to 1/3 or 2/3 power, converting power from your lasers to your shields or vise versa, etc).

And I do miss my Jedi Knight series. Every one of them was great in their own time and the online jedi battles just kept getting better and better...beats the hell out of me why they stopped making them...oh wait, I know...because MMO's make 1000x more money.

Hell, they could just combine Tie Fighter and Jedi Knight and make a new game where you can clash sabers on the ground and then go have a dog fight up in space...that'd be friggin awesome!

Anyway, I'm hopeful that this Legends thing will be good. It's really hard to go wrong with the Star Wars formula.

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
lets just hope that that make a pc version which is worthy and in 3d as the technology is here..

Please some one do Dark Forces and Tie fighter series --- pppppp please

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
Back, go roger your self with a pineapple.

Dark forces was a class game and is in desperate need of modernisation. Proberly the best starwars games released. New Engine with tweaks here and there, multi player included. Lucas Arts would miss a great opertunity on this.

You tell me what games capture like what the origional starwars series did. And it would sell.

Hellboy

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
but darkforces was actually very good.

This is one of my all time favs up there with Tie fighter - both of these are screaming for a update.. Playabilty was perfect even tho graphics nowadays look limited

hssreddragon

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Combine Xwing vs Tie Fighter with a Freelancer size space map with the ability to fight on planets like the Jedi Knight series...That, I would spend money on if the dedicated server option was available without being an MMO. For now, Battlefield 2142: First Strike mod will have to do for my Star Wars fix until Lucasarts actually does something interesting with the Star Wars PC game genre.

gr33nf00t

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2009
Another Jedi Knight game would be really cool. I actually preferred JKII to JA. Combat in JA was a little buggy (specifically the one hit kills with dual wielding and the gross under-poweredness of double-bladed lightsabers). And I like Kyle Katarn. He's kinda badass.

Another TIE Fighter game would be awesome. I've been starved for a good flight sim for waaay too long.

hssreddragon

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2009
Jedi Outcast had most of the features that JA had anyway if you loaded the Jedi Plus Mod. I too preferred Outcast over JA. The dual sabers were a little more stable in JA but the gameplay itself wasn't as good in my opinion. I think JA had less maps too if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.