LulzSec is Back: Groups Targets Murdoch, the Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
And what good is this going to do? They are giving them a taste of their own medicine, sure, but still, Rupert and others are about to go through hell. Rupert may claim innocence, but this is severely damaging to his reputation. I am willing to bet that Rupert will suffer the consequences of this for years to come.

IMHO, the last thing we need is vigilantes dispensing internet justice.

Read the news ... the cops are already starting to round up the "anonymous" members and dispensing justice for their criminal activities /// LulZ will be next.

Encouraging other (mainly young) users to engage in similar activities is just stupid ... and contravenes the Toms TOU (Terms of Use).

Encourage others to engage in this sort of activity with posts here will see users banned.

Iv'e now deleted all posts of this nature.

officeguy

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
Come late August you wont see anymore hacking news becuase they will be going back to school. They really need a summer job instead of wasting away in their parents basement doing absolutely nothing constructive.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]reynod[/nom]... and contravenes the Toms TOU (Terms of Use). Encourage others to engage in this sort of activity with posts here will see users banned. Iv'e now deleted all posts of this nature.[/citation]

While you're at it, you may as well delete the spam ads like the ones above and ban those users too.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
[citation][nom]officeguy[/nom]Come late August you wont see anymore hacking news becuase they will be going back to school. They really need a summer job instead of wasting away in their parents basement doing absolutely nothing constructive.[/citation]

Nothing constructive short of landing a job as a security consultant at large, prestigious organization like a bank or government branch. The ones that don't end up in jail, that is.

Yagame

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2009
I feel like the benefits of Kids learning of this type of 'crime' and perhaps engaging in it to a certain extent far out-weigh the consequences. They can learn about violent crimes like gangs and what not....or they can focus on this type of, and partially contribute/pioneer a new age of awareness in our current technological age.

I coulda engaged in gangs as a youth, but instead i reverse engineered Pac-man/dig-dug on an Apple IIe. WAAAY more beneficial since I had no plans to be a mobster.

[citation][nom]reynod[/nom]Read the news ... the cops are already starting to round up the "anonymous" members and dispensing justice for their criminal activities /// LulZ will be next.Encouraging other (mainly young) users to engage in similar activities is just stupid ... and contravenes the Toms TOU (Terms of Use).Encourage others to engage in this sort of activity with posts here will see users banned.Iv'e now deleted all posts of this nature.[/citation]

G

It is a shame that users are censored/banned for expressing approval of political vigilantes who expose corruption, when authorities are unwilling to investigate the same. LOL. Tomsguide is a top notch organization.

unclealek2659

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2009
Read the news ... the cops are already starting to round up the "anonymous" members and dispensing justice for their criminal activities /// LulZ will be next.

Encouraging other (mainly young) users to engage in similar activities is just stupid ... and contravenes the Toms TOU (Terms of Use).

Encourage others to engage in this sort of activity with posts here will see users banned.

Iv'e now deleted all posts of this nature.

saying stuff like that will just get toms hacked, and none of us want that

christop

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
I agree with Robert Benson You should be able to voice you opinion with out the threat of being banned. Censorship much? Plus how can you totally ban someone they can just open another account and be back posting all day long I mean just look at the spammers on here they are the ones that should be banned. Whatever..

cybrcatter

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2008
[citation][nom]reynod[/nom]Read the news ... the cops are already starting to round up the "anonymous" members and dispensing justice for their criminal activities /// LulZ will be next.Encouraging other (mainly young) users to engage in similar activities is just stupid ... and contravenes the Toms TOU (Terms of Use).Encourage others to engage in this sort of activity with posts here will see users banned.Iv'e now deleted all posts of this nature.[/citation]Why on god's green earth would you type this post in such a manner?

Considering the context of your post, the only thing you have achieved here is the possibility of inciting flame wars.

You've broken several rule of quality modship:
1. Never refer to a user as stupid, ignorant, etc.. It does not matter if they are or are not. You are supped to set the example. There is no need to stoop to that level.
2. Don't talk to your users in a condescending fashion. A good moderator is more than capable articulating what it is he/she wishes to convey without negative emotional connotations.
It makes you look childish in the eyes of adult users.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
These are government sponsored hacker groups. The US government has found a way to get public support on anything they want to do. This is a way for net neutrality to become a reality.

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
Sounds like someone got a bit delete-happy with their mod privileges.

I haven't liked what lulzsec has done before (nearly pointless hacking of game servers), but as this is Murdoch and his media distortion empire...

Malachi1975

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
Ya know, I can't help but wonder if these guys would bother (or crawl out from under their rock) if the media stopped giving them so much lead coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.