LulzSec: Let's All Laugh Together At Gamers

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marthian

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
[citation][nom]BulkZerker[/nom]It's because wikileaks actually undermines the governments it targeted outright to expose any and all minor security breaches. Give me one example of a countries leader that wouldn't be miffed by being on that sites front page for 10 seconds?Meanwhile Lulzec is just ammo for Web 2.0. You know, the one you have to pay to access certain sites, and you have to get approval before you site can go live unless you want to be labeled as a hereti... I mean, a terrorist.[/citation]
That would ruin the internet. I'm all for Internet being a privilege, not a right, but I am totally against Internet Neutrality.

Silmarunya

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]BulkZerker[/nom]It's because wikileaks actually undermines the governments it targeted outright to expose any and all minor security breaches. Give me one example of a countries leader that wouldn't be miffed by being on that sites front page for 10 seconds?Meanwhile Lulzec is just ammo for Web 2.0. You know, the one you have to pay to access certain sites, and you have to get approval before you site can go live unless you want to be labeled as a hereti... I mean, a terrorist.[/citation]

Wait.. How does revealing that US soldiers brutally murdered civilians for fun and weren't punished for doing so undermine US security? If the US is a democracy, it has nothing to hide. A democratic country doesn't need cover up operations...

LulzSec on the other hand is just an annoyance, like vandals are an annoyance. Criminals =/= whistleblowers.

G

Yawn. Script Kiddies. "We tuk down ur 10 year old game. RAWRZ!11!1"

Apple Troll Master

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
Can't wait til they target Steam....I hate steam. Having to run steam to play your games is BS. TAKE'EM DOWN BOYS! Shut them down like the nuclear reactors in Japan.

dos3

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
[citation][nom]macewrox[/nom]Anon wont attack LuLz because a good percentage of Anon's computers are probably LuLz bots. LuLz is way too big of a fish to take down alone, shit's gonna get real here soon.[/citation]

I hope they hack you.

dos3

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
[citation][nom]Stoogie[/nom]Why dont they do the world a favor and DDoS or SQL inject Anything related to Apple.[/citation]

i hope they hack you!

dos3

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2011
[citation][nom]dos3[/nom]I hope they hack you.[/citation]

sorry this was not meant for you.. for the other idiot hoping they attacked Apple for no reason!

Aethrun

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
[citation][nom]Silmarunya[/nom]...every secret a state keeps is a step away from freedom and democracy, every secret exposed a move towards a civilized, open society.[/citation]

This is naively idealistic. There are countless examples where states can and must negotiate and operate secretly in order to serve the greater good.

[citation][nom]Silmarunya[/nom]...A responsible citizen like Bradley Manning is punished while a gang of criminals doesn't get half as much attention from police forces as it should?....[/citation]

If Manning is guilty of giving hundreds of thousands of secret documents to an anarchist like Assange, he's not only grossly irresponsible, he's criminal.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
The death penalty does apply, just depends on the state where the offence is being committed, whether the perpetrator is there or not. Gary McKinnon isn't facing the death penalty but the concern was still there especially considering he's autistic.

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
By the way, I'm not saying hackers will automatically apply for the death penalty, only that certain states do still allow capital punishment. Sorry for the double post but I couldn't edit my original.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
yes might be, but is only applicable in that tiny piece of the world called usa. it isn't applicable in the civilized world, and it isn't put to use on the hacker kids unless they're aiming a gun at someone and pulling the trigger. And it'd be sad if they'd have to waste someone elses life just so we could clean up.

Status
Not open for further replies.