LulzSec Reborn Strikes Again, Leaks 10k Twitter Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

sp0nger

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008
^Do you think corportations are going to start taking our privacy/information security seriously untill enough people are pissed off enough from being leaked?

If you want your information secured be pissed off at the companys who dont do enough to secure it. there will always people trying to breach your information, at least hackers like these are in it to expose the lack of security, then next guys might have a more malicious intent.

djscribbles

Honorable
Apr 6, 2012
To be fair, I don't think they hacked a corporation (in the giant evil corporation sense of the term). They just nailed a webapp that provides a small service, I don't expect every mom'n'pop website out there to have flawless security, this one is simply high profile due to the connection with a larger company.

greenspoon

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2007
[citation][nom]sp0nger[/nom]^Do you think corportations are going to start taking our privacy/information security seriously untill enough people are pissed off enough from being leaked? If you want your information secured be pissed off at the companys who dont do enough to secure it. there will always people trying to breach your information, at least hackers like these are in it to expose the lack of security, then next guys might have a more malicious intent.[/citation]

The problem with this is they do have malicious intent. They release the information they take. If they were really just trying to expose weaknesses in corporate security they would break in and NOT release the information.

alphaalphaalpha1

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
Avenge the arrested former LulzSec group? Weren't they only arrested because one of them snitched on the others? If this group is pissed about that, then shouldn't they do something to that person? I call BS. They just want to pretend that they have a proper purpose. Why they do the things they do, I don't know, but they seem to be blatantly lying, not that we'd expect anymore from them. Finish what the others didn't get to finish? Last I checked, the other LulzSec guys themselves claimed to be in it for the lulz, so they're probably not being some sort of arbiter of justice. Leaking people's information like this is not justice. They're so full of it that it's insane. Do they really think that we're that stupid and that most people who are that stupid really even care?

pcito

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
"When Tom's, Cnet, Ars, etc.. go and post this stuff as "NEWS" they are just feeding the hacker's EGOs and encouraging them to keep doing it."

Amen to what Netherscourge said. The Tom's articles almost seem to gloat and enjoy the criminal activity of these groups, and seem to try to justify it or promote it both by doing the article in the first place (which gives the groups exactly what they want, which is publicity), and then by portraying the "hackers" as some kind of folk heroes. In most cases they are just left-wing anti-capitalist, anti-americans whose "hacking" has nothing to do with anything but anarchy and trying to undermine the software industry, which is one of the few industries that the US still has a big lead in. Their pretexts and supposed causes are just that... pretexts and supposed causes, or fronts so-to-speak. Their goal is just to hurt a country they hate. You don't see them out attacking marxist dictatorships, etc.

G

@Sp0nger nailed it.
It's not about malicious intent, the only way to get a reaction is to provide the information to the public so they have something to whinge about.

G

When LulzSec successfully starts hacking CIA, DoD, Norad servers, then I'll be impressed. No one cares about these random dumb or unsecure sites they hack (outside the customers whose data was stolen).

Oh and good to see Twitter using OAuth :)

Status
Not open for further replies.