Mac or PC?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

Hello, I am going into media arts and technology (Digital Imaging/Graphic Design) and I was wondering what kind of laptop I should get a Mac or PC. I am more familiar with PC's but I hear that Mac has better programs. So I was wondering if anyone with some experience could give me some helpful information. Thank you.

ewok93

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
Apple is really good at marketing, they basically sell you something that a PC has as a new product. Of course they're nice, but that's because they're ridiculously expensive. They look good, they're all shiny and stuff, but in terms of hardware, a PC will be much better for the same price as a Mac. Maybe iOS looks better to you, maybe not, appearance is all opinion, but hopefully you won't just be staring at your desktop. Don't let people fool you with "Macs don't get viruses" or "Retina looks nice", because they do get viruses, there are ways to avoid them on a PC, and all Retina is is a high PPI, which most modern laptops should have. It's all about buying the right thing for you.

Dat_Robot

Estimable
Jul 24, 2014
ewok is right, The main force of Apple is in marketing , this is where they score their points. They make their products look shiny and all that but ,as he said, in term of hardware, a PC definitvly step over it for the same price.