macbook air battery problem ( early 2015)

jogger1

Estimable
Jul 22, 2014
So i have a macbook air which is 6 months old (2015 ver). It is the 13" version with a battery life estimate of 12 hrs. But i am getting nowhere close to it. I am unable to monitor it but estimate about 7 hrs. The battery has been through 51 cycles and i use it for basic tasks such as youtube/web or pages or numbers. What could be the problem and the possible solution? Also it tend to drop quite quickly as well like from 32-24% after i left it to sleep for about 10 mins.

I am using it with 50% brightness and 0-20% backlight.

Pls Advice n thx in advance.

First off, the battery meter is an ESTIMATE, don't take it as Godspel. Have you gone through at least 2 complete charge/discharge cycles? (run on battery until it's almost depleted, then leave it charge overnight), this calibrates the meter.

There is a setting on OSX that allows the Macbook to wake up on its own to run background tasks. If you have no such need, turn that feature off.

I always keep Activity Monitor on my dock, that way I keep an eyeball on cpu load, which should always be near idle when am simply surfing. If you click the battery icon, it also tells you which app maybe using lots of power.

jogger1

Estimable
Jul 22, 2014

i use safari browser. it feels fan less so no the fan is not on at any given point of time. i usually have nothing but dr cleaner open with about 2-3 safari webpages at any given point of time....

jogger1

Estimable
Jul 22, 2014

yes i have gone through the charge cycles.... infact i run my mac down till 10% and charge it every time. Which setting are you talking about. CPU load is near idle.

Suggestions?