MacBook Pro or Windows Laptop?

i5Baby

Estimable
Jun 28, 2014
Hello!

The MacBook Pro (13 inch retina, base model) is tempting me. I know I could find the same specs in a PC, but there's just something about it that is tempting me to splurge and buy it. Maybe it's the design, or the fact that my friends will be envious. I really don't want to and want to buy it at the same time.

I need help getting away from the MacBook temptation!

Requirements for a Windows Laptop:
-1080p display (if not possible, anything at or above 720p
- Windows 7 or 8
-Large HDD (doesn't need to be fast, just need a lot of storage)
-Size: Anywhere from 11" to 15", preferably about 13 inches
-Good Looking, slim, and solid-feeling

What I will use the laptop for:
-Light games (Garry's Mod, Black Ops II, Minecraft)
-Light to medium video editing
- Watching/posting YouTube videos
-Heavy-ish web browsing

Price: firm $700 to $800

Thanks for your help! (If you answer...)
P.S. I like Mac and PC equally, I'm just trying not to splurge. Sorry, I'm not interested in the MacBook Air.

Solution
You wouldn't get quite the same specs. The CPU in the MBP 13 is more powerful than ULV procs in PC ultrabooks, and the integrated graphics are more powerful with the Intel Iris 5100.

However, you could get a new XPS 13 with a new Broadwell i3 for $799.

Construkt

Estimable
Mar 14, 2014
You wouldn't get quite the same specs. The CPU in the MBP 13 is more powerful than ULV procs in PC ultrabooks, and the integrated graphics are more powerful with the Intel Iris 5100.

However, you could get a new XPS 13 with a new Broadwell i3 for $799.

Solution
What makes this hard is the fact you do video editing. Macs are generally better at video editing as the preloaded sofware (iMovie) is generally good enough for most users but windows laptops are better for gaming.

So the choice is really yours unless you know a laptop that has minimum bloatware which is what slows most pcs down. Also the new dell xps looks good as an alternative but I have never used a dell so I can't really say.