bhavik210

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013
I understand the new 2016 model of the Macbook Pro is coming out so I would really like to wait a little since I would benefit from the upgrade. I use AutoCAD, Artlantis Studio (model rendering software), Sketchup Autodesk Revit, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign for my projects, so it would really help me be a more future-proof device.

At the same time, since the release date isn't specified, I do not know when it will be released as I need a computer for school for September 2016.

Essentially, I need a laptop for school; however, I would prefer to get the new Macbook Pro (assuming the price should be relatively similar to the 13-inch Macbook Pro (128GB) with retina display, $1549CAD).

However, if there is a 13-inch ultrabook out there that would match the new upcoming Macbook
Pro in performance out there, I would really like to know.

BUDGET: $1500-$1600

WiiUMasterGman

Commendable
May 11, 2016
What is your budget? You can get a better bang for the buck laptop but if you can find a good used one then yeah go for that one but you can definitely get a better laptop

Yes they do. Apple update their stuff every 24 months, on the dot. Now whether the update is substantial that's another question. But with laptops this is easy, what's Intel NEXT CHIP? That's what most likely the new Macbook is gonna carry.

bhavik210

Honorable
Mar 3, 2013

I should've been more specific sorry, I won't really need to work in AutoCAD from my Mac since I have a desktop workstation for that; however, I will need it to open files for presentations if needed. This is more of a presentation ultrabook that will only open up the files for presentation purposes. I will do photoshop, illustrator work on this laptop since majority of my work is done on those softwares.

g-unit1111

Distinguished

Yeah true, if you need a laptop for Adobe purposes Mac is almost always better. The thing that always turns me off of Apple laptops is the cost. You can always get a PC equivalent with better hardware and larger screens for less money. For AutoCAD I've always been told that having a workstation PC is better than having anything else.