Solved! Macs

nadim615

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
Where is the FAQ thread at the top of the forum? And if you have any questions you want to ask me to help you figure out what would be best for me, that would be fine.

nadim615

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
1_What is your budget?
$2500
2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15-16"
3_What screen resolution do you want?
1600x900 (at least)
4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
No
5_How much battery life do you need?
The average amount
6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
No, I don't need any games
7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
Mostly work stuff
8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need?
about 500gb hard drive space
9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop?
About 5 years

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
DVD ROM
12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Want a Mac, don't want a PC
13_What country do you live in?
Canada

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

$amurai

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
Is it really necessary to spend that much? I mean, mostly what you want to do is "work stuff" which sounds to me like going online, using Microsoft Office or some variant, and email?
If you have that much money to spend, go for Maziar's recommendation, but if it were me I'd get a much cheaper PC.

bloodcrane

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
ya..... samurai has a good point....i dont understand todays fixation on MACS......you can get a great business PC from Lenovo or HP...and save lots of money

EX. ThinkPad T410 laptop - Express Ship or HP envy

nadim615

Distinguished
May 28, 2010

Well I just wanted to make 100% sure