Mad Catz's M.O.J.O. Strains Definition of 'Micro-Console'

Status
Not open for further replies.

clonazepam

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
"traditional console fans will probably have already picked up either a PlayStation 4 or Xbox *360* in November."

Ooops :)

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
I actually find the Shield more relevant for the "world of emulators". Yes, I do have a powerful PC which does them all as well, but having this vast arsenal of games (PSX, PSP, DS, GBA, N64, SNES) for on-the-go is well worth it (my game collection fits nicely on a 64GB uSD). Plus you don't have to go through modchips, or "not updating" when trying to hack the actual portable systems to run homebrew. None of the emulators I use require rooting or modding (drastic, ppsspp, mupen64, fpse, epsxe, supergnes). What I don't get is why these gamesystem companies don't just try to strike a licensing deal with the emulator maker, then just bind the game and the emulator (make the emulator a behind-the-scenes api) and just re-sell their old game on the google store.

Saljen

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
I don't see Android gaming boxes lasting long with Valve joining the fray to make cheap Steam boxes a thing. Who would pay $250 for an Android console with very limited gaming capabilities, other than emulation of lesser systems, when you could pay $100 to stream your full PC to your TV or $300 for a full gaming PC in your living room. It makes no sense.

Saljen

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
I don't see Android gaming boxes lasting long with Valve joining the fray to make cheap Steam boxes a thing. Who would pay $250 for an Android console with very limited gaming capabilities, other than emulation of lesser systems, when you could pay $100 to stream your full PC to your TV or $300 for a full gaming PC in your living room. It makes no sense.

antilycus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
Im guessing the Steam Machine that will be put out by steam will be 800-1000 USD. The specs are pretty awesome for that thing. Lets remember Android is just Java ontop of linux... that's it. I dont see people with budget picking this up, but people in California who think 250 bucks is chump change (and yes there are 10's of thousands of them) will buy it to check it out. I think OUYA can out innovate by then, but because OUYA was forced to release early ( due to next generation Tegra 4 and the new consoles which suck imo ) they are getting all the bugs ironed out. We will see what the future brings. As always GOOD CONTENT sells systems. Once the dumb masses realize that C.O.D. is crap and sequel after sequel is crap, good content will be much more difficult to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.