Madden NFL 11 Obliterates Other Games in August

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeKEffect

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
[citation][nom]screechy[/nom]If only those console gamers saw the light of pc gaming. I know I haven't looked back since.[/citation]

I prefer pc for most games myself but sports is not one of them... You would play football on a pc?

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]iagre int eh 90's ea made tehb est nfl games , but sega started beatign teh mess out of them in the 2000's with sega NFL 2k series , ea typicall big compnay move ,buys upall rights and doesn'trelaly amke any improvements to thier game , ask me the amdden series has sucked since the 90's it stil suck seriously only difference now is it'd doesntt have any competition doesn't mean it is actually fun to paly though ... my borther got madden 08 and teh game is jsut terible , poor collisions crappy AI and teh comp resorts to otu right cheating to make a play for the bot team, if madden 11 diddnt change much from 08 other than cahrging extra for MP on sued games .. thenmadden 11 doesnt deserve teh sales it is geting it certrainly aint on my list of games to get.[/citation]

This. Downfall of English.

g00fysmiley

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
i don't understand how madden sells so much year after year... its the same game with a few new players to update the rosters and minor changed to gameplay... seems like you could control map and modify rosters yourself and save 60 bucks a year

n3ard3ath

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2008
[citation][nom]tekeffect[/nom]I prefer pc for most games myself but sports is not one of them... You would play football on a pc?[/citation]

I would, if they actually released good sports games for it, but they don't. The PC even have an advantage over the consoles, you can pretty much play with any type of controller. Keyboard+Mouse, xBox360 controller, PS2 controller with an adapter, a logitech controller, etc. Anything you want to use, you can.

phil kizer

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
I left the console scene around '99 to join the PC gaming world and I've loved it. But there are just some experiences on console no longer worth passing up so now I play both. I got a PS3 recently and I'm actually mad at myself for now getting one sooner. My PC games consist of FPS games and NBA 2K(which is fun to add all kinds of patches such as jerseys, cyberfaces, sneakers, etc.) but trying to play against others online can be frustrating because of people's different specs and connection speeds.

Plus EA stopped making Madden for PC after Madden 08. They lied to us saying that they would take a year off in 09 and come back to the PC with Madden 10 which did not happen. I know a lot of PC games don't play sports games anyway but I'm a sports fan so I need my fix. Plus they don't make NCAA, Boxing, (worthwhile) Wrestling, and (many newer) Fighting games on PC, so I need my PS3. Marvel vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, and Tekken X Street Fighter on the way!

phil kizer

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2010
I left the console scene around '99 to join the PC gaming world and I've loved it. But there are just some experiences on console no longer worth passing up, so now I play both. I got a PS3 recently and I'm actually mad at myself for now getting one sooner. My PC games consist of FPS games and NBA 2K(which is fun to add all kinds of patches such as jerseys, cyberfaces, sneakers, etc.) but trying to play against others online can be frustrating because of people's different specs and connection speeds.

Plus EA stopped making Madden for PC after Madden 08. They lied to us saying that they would take a year off in 09 and come back to the PC with Madden 10 which did not happen. I know a lot of PC gamers don't play sports games anyway but I'm a sports fan so I need my fix. Plus they don't make NCAA, Boxing, (worthwhile) Wrestling, and (many newer) Fighting games on PC, so I need my PS3. Marvel vs Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, and Tekken X Street Fighter on the way soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.