Main desktop screen shuts off when turning off my AV receiver.

GunnerM

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015
Okay, so I have a custom computer using a graphics card with three outputs, HDMI, VGA, and DVI. The DVI is connected to my MAIN desktop screen which I always use. The HDMI is going to my TV, but not directly. I have an HDMI cord going from my computer to my Yamaha AV reciever, which then outputs it to my Samsung TV through another HDMI cord.

Here is where the problem comes in. I usually have the screen just duplicated or extended and it all works fine. But when I turn off my Receiver it also turns off my desktop screen for no reason. In order to use my computer I have to either 1. Crawl behind my computer and unplug the HDMI cord or 2. Have my Receiver on all the time, which has an Auto-off function that I can not disable.

I went into my graphics card setting and it automatically sets my TV as my #1 screen, and my Desktop screen as my #2, and it will not let me change it. It WILL let me set my main screen, but this does not fix the problem.
Please help, and thank you in advance.

GunnerM

Estimable
Jan 18, 2015
Thank you so much. Worked perfectly. Now I don't even need the receiver on and the HDMI passes through. This will also help with other things. Thank you again, and I will be sure to use this site for any other questions I might have.