major computer problems

mitchmatch

Estimable
May 3, 2014
ok my laptop is having issues and it so bad I cant use it, 1.some keys on the keyboard don't work
2 battery stops charging randomly
3extremly slow and unresponsive
it was just recently restored and now it can put my password in to log on and I really need my laptop for school and stuff. ps. this happened to my old laptop which I thought was because of old age but it dosent seem like that.

Are you plugging it into a power strip. If so, try pluggin straight into the wall socket. Does it do it on battery or on AC power, both?

Have you checked for infections by running scanning software for both viruses and malware?

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/8263-63-simple-free-guide-removing-malware

Are you using the same hard drive and operating system installation you used with the old laptop? You might be well served to reinstall windows.

It might also be the AC power supply charging cable if it doesn't do it when it's on battery power.

When you say it was just recently restored, do you mean you did a "system restore" to an earlier restore point?

mitchmatch

Estimable
May 3, 2014

I tried a different battery pack and is plugged into a wall outlet, and a system restore I reinstalled windows 8 and it removed all my files and it camewith windows 8 and there are no viruses or malware