Major League Baseball Streaming Coming to PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

PreciousL

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
No. The current MLB package blacks out most games that you want to see in your part of the country. Making it worthless unless you live on the opposite side of the country from your team.

babybeluga

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010
[citation][nom]preciousl[/nom]No. The current MLB package blacks out most games that you want to see in your part of the country. Making it worthless unless you live on the opposite side of the country from your team.[/citation]

Never really understood the blackouts. I understand why you want more people in the stands, but how is killing coverage of the game suppose to increase revenue? At least broadcast it outside the immediate area.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Costs are high but it's a lot more reasonable if you split it up among friends. All you have to do is login and from personal experience there is no simultaneous login limit. You could split it with 10 friends.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]preciousl[/nom]No. The current MLB package blacks out most games that you want to see in your part of the country. Making it worthless unless you live on the opposite side of the country from your team.[/citation]

They black out games that are being aired on local TV. If you live in the area where your favorite team plays it's kind of worthless but I moved across the country from where my favorite team plays so I rarely get blackouts. It's definitely worth it.

japnoise99

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
I love the MLB package. I just hope that its reasonable for current subscribers to get it on PS3 along with their computers. As for Football I end up having to split the directTV package with a friend. He takes the TV portion and I take the online streaming. Personally I think the NHL AHL combo offer the best experience.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Plenty of problems with MLB.TV, but if you don't get the games locally, its the only way to go. One problem is that if the game IS local, they will black it out, even if you want the visiting team's feed (nothing worse than listening to a damn home-team announcer for your rivals).

Even worse about blackouts are that even if you have the premium package which allows access to archived games, blacked-out games aren't available until 90 minutes AFTER the game. It's bad enough they blacked you out, but for some reason you can't even watch a recording of the game for 90 minutes, as some sort of punishment.

However, since I used a New Mexico credit card, nothing gets blacked-out. Sometimes the Southwest has its benefits, and other times you get stuck watching Cowboys games (blech).

td25er

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
[citation][nom]tayb[/nom]They black out games that are being aired on local TV. If you live in the area where your favorite team plays it's kind of worthless but I moved across the country from where my favorite team plays so I rarely get blackouts. It's definitely worth it.[/citation]

I live in OKC, and they black out Rangers, Astros, Royals, and Cardinals, ALL of them regardless if they are on tv or not. We NEVER get Royals games (unless on ESPN/TBS/FOX), and they are all blocked. Very few Astro games, but they are all blocked.

We do get a ton of Ranger/Cardinal games though.

G

I would get it if local teams are not blacked out......otherwise I would prefer to pay for the $15 version on PC where you can trick the system with a credit card from a different address.

japnoise99

Distinguished
May 9, 2009
I just downloaded. Picture quality is good, hopefully more games show up today. Right now only game is Red Sox vs Yankee's from april 4th, lame.

TKolb13

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
not coming to PS3... HAS COME to PS3 and I LOVE IT! BETTER DVR and replay abilities... it is a lot better then the web based app on the PC.

TKolb13

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2007
[citation][nom]TKolb13[/nom]not coming to PS3... HAS COME to PS3 and I LOVE IT! BETTER DVR and replay abilities... it is a lot better then the web based app on the PC.[/citation]

by DVR i mean pause and replay... not record. Sorry :eek:(

Status
Not open for further replies.