Solved! Major problems withToshiba Satellite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2021
I have a Toshiba Satellite Windows 7 OS 32 bit (yes I know it's old OS but trying to upgrade to windows 10) well back in 2019 it kind of got slammed and the screen wouldn't come on but the power button said it was turning on and off, recently someone fixed the issue of the screen not turning on said it was a loose wire. Well now I'm having problems that I've never had before. When it turns on and boots up it asks me to launch system repair (recommended) I select it, it says loading files then goes to the windows screen halfway loads up with the load bar then goes to a solid black screen with a big white cursor. That's the first problem, if I choose the option of starting up normally it stays stuck on the starting windows screen no load bar, no logo. I tried to select last known good configuration doesn't help, I have also tried putting it into safe mode doesn't help neither, Please help me!

Solution
You could try reinstalling Windows. Here is a guide to help you through the process.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
It actually sounds like your hard drive, where Windows is loaded, may be corrupted or damaged. Will Windows start in Safe Mode?

Try this:

Turn on the computer and immediately begin pressing the F8 key repeatedly. From the Windows Advanced Options Menu, use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode, and press ENTER. The computer will automatically exit Safe Mode when it is shut down.

Feb 5, 2021
Any safe mode I put it in it goes to saying loading windows files, then it loads 25-30 things starting with "Loaded: \windows\system32\drivers\..." And then at the bottom it says "please wait..." Now what I have read from the internet this doesn't go any further.

Feb 5, 2021
Okay I left it alone see what it would do and it restarts but goes to the same prompt screen trying to Launch system repair which is recommended or starting up normally... ugh

COLGeek

Cybernaut
You could try reinstalling Windows. Here is a guide to help you through the process.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.