Make Bookshelf Speakers work with Logitech Z313 's Subwoofer

Jul 28, 2018
I have an old Logitech Z313 speaker set which I have been using for a while now.

I am planning to get a pair of bookshelf speakers, and the model I am looking at does not come with any woofers.

I was wondering if I could somehow `detach` the subwoofer from the Logitech set and use it with the bookshelf speakers, and if yes how? I don't mind playing the music from my desktop computer, even if requires me to purchase an additional hardware (e.g Sound Card).

I don't mind get rid of the satellites from the Logitech set. They are connected to the subwoofer via a detachable 3.5mm jack anyways.

I would also like to know if there is a way to get them working with a vinyl player if I decide getting into those things later.

It does not matter that much if I can still reuse those old subwoofers or not. I just like tinkering with these things. If they can work, I hope the hearing experience would improve.

Thanks!

Solution
You can connect the Edifiers to the green audio output of the PC and the Logitech to the orange subwoofer output of the PC. This also has the center channel output but if you don't connect the satellites you should only hear the subwoofer.
Make sure you can set the PC to 2.1 operation. If you can't do that then just split the green output and connect it to both the Edifiers and the Logitech.
You could connect a turntable with a built in phono preamp to the Edifiers second input but if you want us the sub too then you would have to use the split green output and add an input selector switch to select PC or phono.
You can connect the Edifiers to the green audio output of the PC and the Logitech to the orange subwoofer output of the PC. This also has the center channel output but if you don't connect the satellites you should only hear the subwoofer.
Make sure you can set the PC to 2.1 operation. If you can't do that then just split the green output and connect it to both the Edifiers and the Logitech.
You could connect a turntable with a built in phono preamp to the Edifiers second input but if you want us the sub too then you would have to use the split green output and add an input selector switch to select PC or phono.

Solution