'Make Me Asian' App Pulled from Google Play Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

h22chen

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
That is indeed true, but they are still a minority in North America. It seems that the advocacy groups are based in the US.

IndignantSkeptic

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2011
[citation][nom]Mastashake15[/nom]Minorities? Really? Asians and Indians are the two most populous races on the planet by far. What kind of bullshit is this.[/citation]

That's probably true except the Indians they are referring to are Native Americans which are almost extinct. I don't know why after all this time nobody has come up with a better name for them. They look nothing like Indians and America is a foreign word to those natives. The Native Americans are Mongoloid which are usually referred to as Asians which is stupid because Indians are Asian too and look nothing like Mongoloids.

curnel_D

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
[citation][nom]kingnoobe[/nom]Well hopefully the dev learned something. If he would've added "make me white" it wouldn't have been racist anymore duh.[/citation]
Precisely the point. What the hell is offensive about changing the color tone of one's skin in post-process? Nothing. But without a doubt, some douche who only felt like he "should be" offended rallied behind the faceless mass of idiots called the Internet and ruined someone else's hard work.

All in the name of political correctness...

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
[citation][nom]kingnoobe[/nom]Well hopefully the dev learned something. If he would've added "make me white" it wouldn't have been racist anymore duh.[/citation]

Nah, they would have just pulled the first 2 apps, and left the White one alone. "Make me Redneck" would have been allowed, no doubt. Since, you know, it's totally FINE to be racist against White people, or sexist against males in America.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I dont understand. this ap is racist because it lets you imagine how youd look if you were born somewhere else? Is it racist for me to be aware that indians, black, or japanese look different? some people are just so panzy.

cocoluva

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
[citation][nom]Mastashake15[/nom]Minorities? Really? Asians and Indians are the two most populous races on the planet by far. What kind of bullshit is this.[/citation]
Minorities in America -,-
Yes they aren't minorities in the world population. If your in America and live on the coastline and especially west coast, you will see a lot of Asians, however they are only like 5-10% i think of America's population.
And its the same in other countries, if your a American and you move to China, you would be part of the minorities there, doesn't matter how many Americans there are in America. >.>

G

So make me Michael Jackson would be considered racist to these pansys?

Last time I knew Tanning to look more "Mexican, and or Asian skin color was not racist it's considered by many better than pasty white" So why in the world does an app that "could" show what you could look like with massive tanning salon vists be racist?

It's not like it showed you on a horse, with a bow and arrow, nor showed you with a bowl of rice and chop sticks in your hands with your new name a sound of pans being dropped on the floor.

People are such pussies now a-days with skin as thick as a piece of paper.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]IndignantSkeptic[/nom]That's probably true except the Indians they are referring to are Native Americans which are almost extinct. I don't know why after all this time nobody has come up with a better name for them. They look nothing like Indians and America is a foreign word to those natives. The Native Americans are Mongoloid which are usually referred to as Asians which is stupid because Indians are Asian too and look nothing like Mongoloids.[/citation]
Blame Columbus.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Nah, just poor Tom's reporting as usual guys, It doesn't just "yellow the skin", it superimposes a paddy hat and fu manchu in the Asian case as well as slanting the eyes. The Native version throws on a feather and a broader nose. It doesn't make you look Asian/Indian as much as it makes you look like a 1940's caricature of those races. Seems a lot of posters here miss the good ol' days of minstrel shows.

dark_wizzie

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2007

Minorities in America, dumbass. Whart kind of BULLshit is this!?!?!?!?

Hpnotiq

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2006
Like the above users have already said, have you noticed how anything involving "White" is considered fair game, but anything else is considered racist?

Honestly, I think it's a self loathing thing between the other races. Why else would you find it offensive to play a game where you make a person who looks like yourself. If the game was called "Make me white" - I HONESTLY would not give two shits - and would probably play it to boot.

It's this self hatred, always feeling picked on attitude that every other race suffers from. It's actually kind of annoying having to walk on egg shells around such sensitive people. I understand history and where we've been in time with racism, but they really need to pick a time to just let it go and move on.

G

So just relaunch it as "Make me a yellow alien"... or something. I doubt it was much work but if it was a title change is simple enough.

G

I thought those who Govern the Asians had banned them all from the internet anyway. How can something they cant access be considered offensive. If i was the person in charge of this precious midned campaign I might have started with that...

biggiebody

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
I dunno, I'm asian and I never really heard of this app but when I read about it I laughed. I didn't find it offensive at all truthfully.
Just shows how everybody is becoming to sensitive lately.

9a3iqa

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2012
1) Why does the App assume everybody using it is white? What if your black for example could it still make you Asian? No it's only aimed at whites which is racist.

2) If the developers see no issue with making make me race x App why don't they make a "Make me white" App which allows non-white people to look white? They wouldn't because in their mind everybody human is white and white is the standard so why would they make an App which makes people look like the "standard"?!

Status
Not open for further replies.