Malware Arrives, Nuked on App Store For First Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

face-plants

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
What I found most entertaining in the whole article.
"The author responsible for the apps reportedly called the problem a bug."

Guess even Apple's closed market approach was bound to let something malicious in eventually.

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
Actually I see nothing wrong here. This app behaves like alot of "authorized" programs that do the same thing *cough* apple *cough* cough

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
that's why apps should be developed in house...not some off the wall developers...there is so much junk in the app store and google play

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Oh boy, this gotta be a major blow to Apple's motto.

I have this feeling that App Store has gotten too big for its own good. The screeners probably can't test all apps in time, and that's how this one got through.

First-ever? Maybe the first-ever found, or the first ever not blessed by Apple for raising advertising revenue by sharing your whole list of contacts, your credit card numbers, and probably any fingerprints you got on the camera lens.

G

I wonder what negative impact this will have on other apps that have similar names. Hopefully apps like ReadAndCall and others which are good don't receive unwarranted negative reactions. Many developers work hard to produce good Apps and one bad "apple" can ruin countless hours of good work.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Oh boy, this gotta be a major blow to Apple's motto.I have this feeling that App Store has gotten too big for its own good. The screeners probably can't test all apps in time, and that's how this one got through.[/citation]

There are some apps that get delayed by a year or two. One company launched an expensive advertising campaign for their upcoming app, and they waited about two or three years for Apple to even respond back.

Sour about life...

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]jacekring[/nom]I propose toms block all usernames that include numbers in the name. Block all users from the IP addresses used by these spammers. And add an IP tracker for websites posted in replies and keep an IP list of banned sites (make money by suckin' my balls sites) and anyone posting links to them is auto-banned by IP.These spam messages are ridiculous, on every F'ing article almost every F'ing day.[/citation]

Not everyone with numbers in their name are spammers..

Status
Not open for further replies.