Malware completely ruined my pc

Maxkris

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
My pc were infected by an unkown malware today
It made chrome go to ad websites
I tried to download malwarebytes but any time i searched for anything relating to malware chrome were suddenly closed
I downloaded malwarebytes on another pc and transferred it to the infected pc however when i run it it closed after i chose the language for the installer
Thereafter i decided to reset my computer without removing my personal files this was a mistake because now i can not even start it properly
It does not even show anything on the screen when i start it up, not even the bios shows up even if i have taken out the storage and booting drives

Please if anyone has any idea on how to fix this i would be very thankful.

Solution
I have found a solution that fixed everything

As i said before i decided to reset my pc while keeping my files and when i did this my pc wouldn't boot.
But it was fixed by unplugging the pc and removing the onboard battery, waiting a couple hours and then replugging everything.

So now the pc boots like it should and seems to have gotten rid of the malware.

popatim

Splendid
Do you have important data that needs to be recovered? Hopefully anything important was already backed up.
If not then format the drive and resinstall windows

You also may have an option to connect the HDD into another PC and use that PC to recover your important files and scan for malware. Since you won't be booting from this drive the malware won't have a chance to load. Please make absolutely sure you boot from the correct drive if you do this.

Maxkris

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
Thank you for replying!

Unfortunately i cannot do this since as i said my pc wont even do anything other than powering up the components and accessories.

So i think there might be something wrong with the motherboard memory bios thing.

Maxkris

Commendable
Sep 9, 2016
I have found a solution that fixed everything

As i said before i decided to reset my pc while keeping my files and when i did this my pc wouldn't boot.
But it was fixed by unplugging the pc and removing the onboard battery, waiting a couple hours and then replugging everything.

So now the pc boots like it should and seems to have gotten rid of the malware.

Solution