Man Arrested for Refusing to Tweet at Crowd

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I swear do 90% of you have no reading comprehension skills at all? I don't know who this musician is, but he wasn't arrested and was never threatened to be arrested. It was record executive. The police gave him a simple request and he didn't do it. End of story. And if that same record executive "tweeted" (I really hate that word) that the kid was there signing autographs when he wasn't, then he deserved being arrested even more. The fact that the kid or someone tried to tweet themselves to disperse the crowd is beside the point. And seriously, the people on this site are going to feel sorry for a record executive who thinks he's above the police?

guruofchem

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2006
I do worry for my own non-incarcerated state if I can be arrested for not being a Twit...wait, that's not what you call a person using Twitter...?

Seriously, though, how can an artist not even at the venue be held responsible for the behavior of the crowd inside?

wifiwolf

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
I'm no lawyer but I think the only way this is sustained is if they have advertised the show on tweeter than they had to cancel it on tweeter too when requested.

james_8970

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
The police are obviously looking for a scapegoat on this one.
The idiocy is immense in this one. Justin is from Canada, the police in this article are not. People don't arrested for things like this in Canada (thank god). Luckily your justice system will toss this out, because police were just abusing their power here. Anyone ought to know that a 'tweet' isn't going to do much to disperse a crowd of crazy teenage girls.

james_8970

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2007
Urg, why did I quote that...... the idiocy in me seems to be great as well. I was supposed to quote the guy that did the stupid megaphone comment. FAIL

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]guruofchem[/nom]I do worry for my own non-incarcerated state if I can be arrested for not being a Twit...wait, that's not what you call a person using Twitter...?[/citation]

Twitter users are called "Twats".

Twitter is also that bit of skin between the twat and the shi**er, hence "Twitter".

G

He needs to just sue the police department like everyone else is doing for randmom violations of people's rights and false arrests. Eventually police will figure out they DO have a set of rules they have to follow also.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
[citation][nom]fatedtodie[/nom]Is it just me or is it funny the Police Officer's name is Kevin Smith in a situation like this?[/citation]
Heheh mall rats...

eccentric909

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2006
[citation][nom]Antilycus[/nom]The police have no right to tell me what to do. [/citation]

They do have a right to tell you what to do, as long as it's not incriminating, or beyond a fair and reasonable request. I don't think the cops were asking him too much, nor do I think it was really arrestable. The part that makes me pause to think is that the executive who was arrested did indeed egg the fans on by "tweeting" them that Justin was there signing autographs, when he clearly wasn't, which probably made the situation a hell of a lot worse.

But who knows how this'll go, hopefully it's thrown out, but you never know. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS