Man Charged in Webcam Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Made it to the movies ?

Are you for real ?

A woman has been murdered & you want a friggin movie about it.

Man : your a real jerk...

Aionism

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]starryman[/nom]Really tech worthy news... please leave it over at TMZ[/citation]
This is a lot better and more relevant than the horrible things that go on at Tom's Style. Why are there car articles there? Isn't that why The Torque Report exists?

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
[citation][nom]DalaiLamar[/nom]Why hasn't a webcam crime made it to the movies? I would have thought it to make it to Scream IV.[/citation]

Didn't scream already do that one in the first one when the police where monitoring the party with the camera with a huge delay? Not quite a web cam but similar idea.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]123-321[/nom]Made it to the movies ? Are you for real ?A woman has been murdered & you want a friggin movie about it.Man : your a real jerk...[/citation]

i beleive that he meant that you see it as a setup in a movie. which is a good question.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
I really hope this guy does no get out of prison. Only a monster would commit such a horrific act.
I also feel terrible for the boyfriend, could you imagine having to helplessly know the person you love is in real danger and your literally across the world. I can't imagine the pain that guy is in.

makaveli316

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
the girlfriend of the boyfriend of the boyfriend's girlfriend.....is there a more simple way to explain who killed who and who was the witness???

G

As someone who spent 2 years in a long distance relationship with Skype as the principal means of contact, the thought of witnessing a murder like that makes me shudder. Strangely I had wondered if it had ever happend to a couple before I read this article

Chris_TC

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
[citation][nom]DalaiLamar[/nom]Why hasn't a webcam crime made it to the movies? I would have thought it to make it to Scream IV.[/citation]
Untraceable (2008)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0880578/

Userremoved

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
I saw a movie a few years ago it was centered around webcam murders and a cop. Can't remember the rest.

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
While I was reading I was actually remembering a movie with a webcam involved, just like here, a couple chatting. But I can't remember what movie it was. I remember it was in a train and they were being taken hostages and the laptop with the webcam ended under a seat and was transmitting everything and the gf contacted the police and they used this to their advantage.

I can't even imagine watching a crime on a PC screen and not being able to do anything about it, other then calling the police, and explaining to them what is happening, even harder from abroad.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]bv90andy[/nom]While I was reading I was actually remembering a movie with a webcam involved, just like here, a couple chatting. But I can't remember what movie it was. I remember it was in a train and they were being taken hostages and the laptop with the webcam ended under a seat and was transmitting everything and the gf contacted the police and they used this to their advantage. I can't even imagine watching a crime on a PC screen and not being able to do anything about it, other then calling the police, and explaining to them what is happening, even harder from abroad.[/citation]
That was Unstoppable. Just came out.

G

@burnley14

oh come on now, it's not that hard to check your facts first, but i guess both movies had Denziel Washington in it so i guess you can be forgiven, the movie your thinking of is 'the taking of Pelham 123", unstoppable is about a run away cargo train with bio hazard material and no driver

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]bv90andy[/nom]While I was reading I was actually remembering a movie with a webcam involved, just like here, a couple chatting. But I can't remember what movie it was. I remember it was in a train and they were being taken hostages and the laptop with the webcam ended under a seat and was transmitting everything and the gf contacted the police and they used this to their advantage. I can't even imagine watching a crime on a PC screen and not being able to do anything about it, other then calling the police, and explaining to them what is happening, even harder from abroad.[/citation]
I do remember a movie that involved a webcam feed to a public site that would automatically kill the filmed victim after so many views. I believe it was called "Untraceable". That's the closest I have.

ftx08

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2011

I believe the movie was Pelham 123

Status
Not open for further replies.