Man in Apple Store Pulls Handgun on iPhone

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectroGoofy

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
I am surprised somebody threatened an iPhone, of all things. Why not an iMac? I've had to use an iMac over the sumer and have, at times, felt like giving "it a once over with a 9mm." :sarcastic:

Obviously I am not a huge fan of Apple, but I do like their iPod Touches :)

Parrdacc

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2008
Wow not that's scary. He should have his license taken and knowing the laws for a concealed weapons permit the odds are very good it will happen. You cannot under any circumstance flash you gun like he did even if you do have a concealed weapons permit. This guy should not have one imho. Hey have gotten pretty upset with some inanimate objects before too, but don't around with gun thinking about blowing a hole through it. Okay, there have been times I have, with my bare hands, destroyed a game controller, but that's a far cry from this. Well hope he learns a lesson, don't by Apple.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
This will be on CNN with anti-gun all over it in 3. 2. 1...

Is anyone else surprised to see a Tom's writer actually dis an iPhone? I'm sorry you fell for the hype Jane, but I'm glad you came to your senses. Maybe you can try beating some into the people who review the product.

dheadley

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
It's so amusing, as a 20 year Windows user (currently Vista 64) that is has become so fashionable to flame Apple products and their OS's on the desktop and mobile.

I will state without fear of exaggeration that anyone that has used any version of windows and installed programs on it, changed hardware, played games, updated drivers or in anyway useful had their computer turned on for more than a few months has at some point thought likewise about shooting it also.

I have no problem saying that without a doubt anyone that says they have never had a problem that has gotten them angry and frustrated on Windows or Windows Mobile is without a doubt a complete liar. And I wouldn't care if you were worked for MS and were the lead programmer of the windows platform you still at some point ran into some problem that caused a BSOD, caused you to reinstall or restore, uninstall and reinstall drivers etc. Period.

wifiwolf

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
[citation][nom]sunflier[/nom]There's an app for that too.[/citation]

That would be a "killer app" :D

and Jobs might like it and just say:
"Now for those who feel deceived, for 10$ more you can have a chance to shoot the phone as many times as you'd like to"

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Oh please. He flashed his gun. Hell I carry a gun on me. Its not like he pulled it out and threw it and the iphone straight to the clerks face. Yeah he probably shouldn't have flashed it lol, but he was just joking around. Its not like he was actually going to do it.

kyosho

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
I agree that the Guy should have shown more restraint. Though, not everyone has the same viewpoint of whats acceptable or crossing the line. We just need to make sure when we want to do something that we are checking it against what is socially acceptable. That Guy and his buddies are probably real laid back about their guns and go shooting all the time, etc. So with that train of thought, wheather he should or not didn't cross his mind. Cuz it was all good.

Manos

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2009
Lmfao at the instore convo transfered ahaha. What a fella lol Ive kicked PCs in the past, broke some doors with death metal on when younger and threw shit around the place when too mad. Gun I dont owe one so.. Maybe I could go that far? :O nuuuh

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
I'd take it in stride. After all he wasn't threatening the employee and also a 9MM is a pea shooter, would be lucky to even break through the glass of an ipod with one of those.

griffed88

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2008
Please keep you're opinions of the iPhone to yourself, Jane. Writers are supposed to be unbiased in there work. Opinions are for the comment section or reviews. We can't help it that you don't understand that almost all smartphones don't last a full day without turning off some features. You work for Tom's you of all people should know this. I don't even like iPhones, but i know that they are innovative and are definitely the leaders in the smartphone industry.

bliq

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
I think that last update is causing my iPhone to crash. I had one crash prior to that update in a year. now I get them every other day. Requires a hard reset to get it working again.

Status
Not open for further replies.